Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 05:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of people here need time machines to go back to 1999 and whine to Verant.
Honestly man you are a pretty cancerous aspect of these forums.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:55 AM
Planar Protector

Should have seen me on the Lanys forums back on Live, I was a legend of toxicity.

Problem is, I'm still right.
Old 10-30-2019, 07:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should have seen me on the Lanys forums back on Live, I was a legend of toxicity.

Problem is, I'm still right.
You're not though. You're just shitting on people who have a legitimate gripe.

Just because YOU are anti magicians doesn't give you the right to be this vitriolic dirtbag.
Old 10-30-2019, 07:16 AM
Kobold

Pras be to Emperor Rogean and Godgoblin Nilbog for the creation of this Vast and Wondrous Salt Mine!

(WTS: Ice of Velious x2 mage pet research pet component rare and random 60pp each PM Modus in game)
Old 10-30-2019, 07:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just because YOU are anti magicians doesn't give you the right to be this vitriolic dirtbag.
Have to agree with you here. Threads seem to be a lot better overall when this guy doesn’t respond to them.
Old 10-30-2019, 07:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Actually just being alive gives him the right be a vitriolic dirtbag.

Forum staff must have taken a post-launch vacation for this thread to not have been in R&F by page 3. Lol.
Old 10-30-2019, 07:22 AM
Planar Protector

Release era was anti magicians.

Dolalin just gathered evidence of classic EQ and documented it. Mages were not the only aspect of EQ affected by his diligence.

You are lucky that devs didn't have the time nor inclination to implement Research in its initial iteration (i.e. completely unusable). Then mages would have 'no pets' from 24+.

To be honest, I view the required level for mage pets in this era as similar to the required weapon for proc weapons; sure the obsidian flamberge can proc at level 17, but good luck actually attaining it by then.

You need to alter your expectations; no longer can you expect to have a full spell book every level.

You will have decisions to make about which vendor spells you can afford to upgrade. You will have decisions of pragmatics for which pets you will be able to research.

You may want to specialize on one pet, just so you can stock up on the materials to create that line. As i recall from my own mage, I had to 'upgrade' one pet in to another by researching the earlier versions as reagents for the combine for upgraded versions.
Old 10-30-2019, 07:26 AM
Planar Protector

Agree with Jimmy. It's really just a problem of expectations. Basically all the problems on the server are. Concerns about population, hybrid penalties, mage pets, lists, leveling speed, etc. People came into this not expecting all of this stuff, or not understanding how it would impact them until they actually felt it first hand, and instead of being able to cope, some of these people decide who whine or rage.
Old 10-30-2019, 07:30 AM
Planar Protector

I mean, honestly, half the people complaining about the mage pets probably not going to be 29+ (the point where a 20 pet is going to REALLY start to suck) until the vendor pets get patched in anyway.
Old 10-30-2019, 07:42 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agree with Jimmy. It's really just a problem of expectations. Basically all the problems on the server are. Concerns about population, hybrid penalties, mage pets, lists, leveling speed, etc. People came into this not expecting all of this stuff, or not understanding how it would impact them until they actually felt it first hand, and instead of being able to cope, some of these people decide who whine or rage.
I love a lot of the stuff, even though life is harder most of it really adds to the classic experience.
Super dark Night time is especially a great feature, I love it.
This is probably my first run through where I'm actually taking tradeskills early for equips as I level. On blue I just get twinked out like crazy by friendly passerby's

However a few things like
Hybrid class penalties are too harsh imo, They're not overly terrible on their own with standard races but they become a little silly when combined with racial penalties, I have no qualms about racial exp penalty itself though.
Pet window - eh we can survive without it but removing it doesn't really add to the fun of the game.
and I really wish an exception would be made for troll cultural tradeskills, and bring it into the game for both servers but that's just my silly uninformed opinion (i have no idea about the powerscaling on the cultural items for troll especially with the timeline so there's that too.)

But overall it's been a good time and it's been mostly fun dealing with the hurdles.
Closed Thread