Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Sarnak

Default Why this server failed; a biopic.

I quit in January or early February - at whatever point the server could no longer break the 140ish population point. Up until 20 minutes ago, I hadn't really thought about the server, or put any effort towards reflection. After a chat with my eternal life partner Bkab, I realized I know exactly why this server devolved into a cluster fuck of degenerates. I will briefly lay out my esoteric vision below.

Amelinda - seriously? Rogean; buddy, seriously? She knows nothing about PvP, she knows even less about EQ. The autistic random family member that I don't actually have, has infinitely more people and problem solving skills than Amelinda. Amelinda is the perfect example of the fact that people put their need for internet attention before their health, their jobs and their kids when EverQuest started in 1999, and those same people are doing the same thing with this EMU in 2012.

Amelinda doesn't represent the server, she doesn't represent the player base, and she doesn't represent the developers. How many times has some aimless Amelinda proclamation sticky post been edited or deleted because she experienced synapse misfire? Seriously, if your horse is lame, you don't keep entering races. You shoot the horse. Then you turn it into glue. That glue, and only that glue, can bind this server together. Shoot that horse Rogean.

Nihilum - Going into this, the TZ/VZ people ran our mouths, talked shit, etc. We came to PvP, others came to grind 70 hours a week and live off welfare. I get that people who are not good at EverQuest are intimidated by the people that are. I get that the people that are not good at EverQuest are conversely the people that need EverQuest the most. I get that this sums up 99.9% of Nihilum's core.

Seriously, this guild is/was/idontplaynow run by a group of people that were banned from P99 for exploiting and hacking. Let me repeat that: banned for exploiting and hacking. These are the idiots that make posts confessing to hacking, then argue for the next 3 months trying to defend themselves by saying there is no proof. These guys are so plugged in to EverQuest, there is absolutely no connection to reality. There is no lie too big. No shame to be had. No fact undeniable. These people are addicts - they will lie, cheat and steal to have their fix. This is who the server opted to favor.

Let me be clear for a moment. There is no difference between a video game addict and a crack addict. It is the same componentry. Why would you treat a video game addict any differently? If you sell meth, you rely on your addicts for income - but unless your addicts also graduated from Wharton, you don't model your business plan on their advice. Don't model R99 on the mouths of people who had to invite 85% of the server population, just to survive the first 3 months.

Anyway - TL;DR - bottom line, the admins of this server didn't like the TZ/VZ people, they bet on the Nihilum base. They didn't listen to the advice of the TZ/VZers, they didn't implement changes - and the server now has a population of 50. Naysayers will say whatever, the 200+ people that stopped logging in, know the reality.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Kobold

population of 50 is still about 3x higher then your VZ/TZ, and without the hacking/cheating twist.

Classic red EQ was just not for you.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Aviak

If holocaust had won the fight for mobs they would be the ones playing on a 50 pop server farming fear and hate. Every vztz iteration was the same thing. What killed the server was them losing and then spouting doom and gloom that the server is over
Old 05-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
population of 50 is still about 3x higher then your VZ/TZ, and without the hacking/cheating twist.

Classic red EQ was just not for you.
Delusion; an introspective.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amelinda - seriously? Rogean; buddy, seriously? She knows nothing about PvP, she knows even less about EQ. The autistic random family member that I don't actually have, has infinitely more people and problem solving skills than Amelinda. Amelinda is the perfect example of the fact that people put their need for internet attention before their health, their jobs and their kids when EverQuest started in 1999, and those same people are doing the same thing with this EMU in 2012.
Amelinda was a raid leader on Live in one of the top guilds. Maybe it's you who knows nothing about eq.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 05-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amelinda was a raid leader on Live in one of the top guilds. Maybe it's you who knows nothing about eq.
Maybe. Or maybe a vagina in EQ allots unearned privileges awarded by lonely manchilds - care to offer first hand experience, worst_bard_to_ever_play?

Old 05-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If holocaust had won the fight for mobs they would be the ones playing on a 50 pop server farming fear and hate. Every vztz iteration was the same thing. What killed the server was them losing and then spouting doom and gloom that the server is over
except them losing did not and has not "killed the server".

Server is fine. /ooc full of pvp shittalk, no raid mob stays up longer then a day, guilds for all types of players (random PKs, family style, raiding,etc).

It may not currently be a HUGE population but the server is stable and now without those leeaches who had no respect for the server's rules.

Not much content in classic, one can only do lguk so many times. People are waiting for the world to double in size with Kunark.

Best thing for the server was seeing slime that constantly trained and set off death scripts get GRIEFED OFF THE SERVER

If only it could of happened back in November before they ran off so much of the playerbase with their bind camping, training, griefing ways.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holocaust did win the fight for mobs, they were just banned for doing exactly what nihilum did.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Server is fine. /ooc full of pvp shittalk, no raid mob stays up longer then a day, guilds for all types of players (random PKs, family style, raiding,etc).

It may not currently be a HUGE population but the server is stable and now without those leeaches who had no respect for the server's rules.

Not much content in classic, one can only do lguk so many times. People are waiting for the world to double in size with Kunark.

Best thing for the server was seeing slime that constantly trained and set off death scripts get GRIEFED OFF THE SERVER

If only it could of happened back in November before they ran off so much of the playerbase with their bind camping, training, griefing ways.
ROFL. Get a load of this guy. Troriste was the first to start the CT death script bullshit, Amelinda as my witness on that one, get this guy a dose of reality I fear for your mental health.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

Interesting take. I imagine you spent an inordinate amount of time alone as a child, but convinced yourself it was better that way because your imaginary friends had really strong moral fiber.

Closed Thread