Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 08:55 AM
Aviak

Default Classic Pseudo-Exploits and Mechanics

Well a bit less of exploits as just old mechanics that changed over time.

Example: At release, group experience didn't have a range cap. Which means a couple of solo classes could split up and get some really good exp. This was even suggested to be done in the collectors edition manual of vanilla EQ.

Are things like this in the game or are the mechanics the same as they were at the release of DoD, but just the stuff beyond vanilla taken out?
Old 06-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Orc

hmm about 50/50. Some stuff was taken out even tho it was classic.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:45 AM
Banned

The client itself is patched up to DoDH (2005)
Old 06-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

I miss the bench in befallen being bugged and mobs not moving when you cast on them :/ being a level 7 wizard nuking and killing greater skellies was fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enchant things...
Old 06-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnimorph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I miss the bench in befallen being bugged and mobs not moving when you cast on them :/ being a level 7 wizard nuking and killing greater skellies was fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't there an exploit in WFP? Sitting on top of the wall killing guards? Seen that recently.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

All EQ1 exploits here, happy reading.

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/mmorp...ts-rumors.html
Old 06-16-2010, 11:41 AM
Aviak

Well, I've found out that most of the old school pathing has changed. A lot of my old places I could kite a bit as a lowbie necro have been fixed so they take the most direct path instead of circling around a bit to give me some breathing room.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Banned

The best was the bard room in Highkeep. Once you kited them to the door, they got stuck in the doorway. There was always a necro at the spot 24/7 back in the day. Also helped that those mobs are pretty much the best exp in the game 40+

There was also a spot in Ak'Anon, again frequented by necromancers, where you could kite gnomes and they'd stop in a door way. I came across a necro abusing this once and he started begging me not to report him [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Aviak

This isn't classic but its still brilliant. My guild leader on Povar took enormous advantage of the exploit in the pit/arena in the plane of tactics. Mobs on each side of the pit were on a faction and he would start training mobs and using FD (necro) to start a faction war. Simply by being on the mob's hatelist if it died you got the experience. Needless to say he had his AAs maxed very quickly before it got patched.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Fire Giant

I remember when mobs would get hung up on geometry. In North Karana I watched a Lvl 2 Gnome kill a Hill Giant using his Life Tap spell alone (as it was unresistable) . The giant was running up against the wizard spire and he sat and cast on the opposite side of it. He wound up killing the giant.
Later, I briefly took advantage of this in Everfrost with the mammoths. They would get stuck on something all the time and I would nuke them into oblivion with my wizard.
I remember when this got fixed. They released a patch which would make the mob warp through if it was running in place for a couple of seconds.
-----------------------
Closed Thread