Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 01:49 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default New Player Quest Question

Hello Folks,

New player just getting started today. I'm playing an Ogre Warrior and was wondering if it's possible for an evil race to complete the gnoll fang or crushbone belt/pad quests. These seem like the two best ways to get some levels under my belt but available to only good races. Are there any evil race equivalents?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqued [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello Folks,

New player just getting started today. I'm playing an Ogre Warrior and was wondering if it's possible for an evil race to complete the gnoll fang or crushbone belt/pad quests. These seem like the two best ways to get some levels under my belt but available to only good races. Are there any evil race equivalents?

Thanks in advance.
Well theres this one:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Lizard_Meat_No_2

Its possible to raise your faction with the goodies by killing the gnolls and orcs that drop the fangs and belts/pads respectively, but its going to take a looong time to get out of being killed on sight.

The lizard meat quest doesnt give tremendous xp per turn in, but you'll be drowning in lizard meat if you clear the lizardman camps for a few hours, and you'll make a good bit of starting money selling the swords you get from teh quest.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:28 PM
Aviak

and welcome!
Old 04-29-2014, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

Welcome to Norrath!

You can use wolf form and certain line of sight limitations to turn in quest items. Do not try to turn in quest while invisible.

The lizard meat quest is decent. Do take note however that it will make you KoS to the SK guild in Grobb. If you really care about your Grobb SK faction then you can do this quest to build it back up http://wiki.project1999.com/More_Help_for_Innoruuk.

Since you will probably be heading towards EC and will pick up some derv rings at some point you may want to check out this quest as well http://wiki.project1999.com/Ortalliu...utthroat_Rings.

Good luck and happy bashin!

Ingrum Irontoe
Retired Warlord of Brell
"Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal..."
Last edited by Ingrum; 04-29-2014 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: Links
Old 04-29-2014, 02:59 PM
Aviak

I am a Ogre SK and after leveling from 4 to 14 there, I was able to finally turn in Lego Pads which is the quest you do after Belts no longer give decent exp. You can do these other quests like Lizard Meat turn ins etc, but personally I wanted to gain levels rather than just grind strictly faction. What is your deity? That also makes a difference as to how long it takes, but at the end of the day...don't expect to be able to turn in CB Belts, just sell them for plat and make room for Lego pads and stock up for a big turn in around 13-14. Good luck!
Old 04-29-2014, 03:11 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Quote:
What is your deity?
Rallos Zek
Old 04-29-2014, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome to Norrath!

The lizard meat quest is decent. Do take note however that it will make you KoS to the SK guild in Grobb. If you really care about your Grobb SK faction then you can do this quest to build it back up http://wiki.project1999.com/More_Help_for_Innoruuk.

Good luck and happy bashin!
Oh man i wish i had known about this.. I had a hell of a CR on my ogre warrior after taking a wrong turn trying to find the bank in grobb once.. damn trolls.