Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 06:13 AM
Fire Giant

big loraen....

he has pretty tough MR...you can land spells on him though.

i believe he dispells everytime he hits your pet, i don't think it's a recast. I found this out when my pet gets dispelled when i put DS on it.

he'll dispell your charm and then you'll die...i think it's impossible to charm a pet bc he will dispell it right away.

he has a magic/iced base spell, i think they do around 700-1000 dmg. not sure about the aoe though.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:05 AM
Planar Protector

your pet will get dispelled, unless you were somehow able to stack his MR up to 300 or so and still have him charmed, then you might get lucky and he resist the several times he is going to have the dispell cast on him during the fight.

He casts that pbaoe quite often and it has a decent size range, so even having to recharm once is going to spell disaster for you.

Because then you'll get summoned & dispelled and even if you manage to live long enough to recharm, he will still be beating on you and dispelling you.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:09 AM
Planar Protector

Autotune doesn't know how great Loraen is [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-20-2013, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Autotune doesn't know how great Loraen is [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If he has a ton of mana, he might be able to chain stun phinny (if he is stunnable) and let the pet kill him.

I don't think phinny can be stunned tho.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

OK its amazing what a troll thread this has become. I LOVE IT.

More seriously, my original plan was to pseudomage him down with the animation and a mage partner and use the aoe to aggro my pet without getting destroyed. That's why I asked if it was aoe or single target. I'm pretty sure this can work.

I don't think I can truly solo him according to the solo artist challenge rules because as Kindadar said the guardians are really badass - they seem to be totally MR immune? Or are they just belly casters? I tried it once and I was thoroughly pwned.

I've tried your buff strategy Catherin (it's how we killed the overking with 4 pets) but if he dispells every hit I'm not sure I can keep them up. Did you actually kill him solo this way or was it just enough buffage?
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Last edited by Splorf22; 01-20-2013 at 11:15 AM..
Old 01-20-2013, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

uh... phinny dispells 4 buff a time, why would it be different for a pet.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Banned

Yes, I highly doubt Catherin or anyone else has killed Phinigel here with that strategy.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

only way i can think to get to him solo would involving binding near him (if thats possible in kedge), training the guards as far as you can and wc capping, then gating back down and beating the guards to phiny. tho i wouldn't blow your TD bind for that, heh
Old 01-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handull [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
only way i can think to get to him solo would involving binding near him (if thats possible in kedge), training the guards as far as you can and wc capping, then gating back down and beating the guards to phiny. tho i wouldn't blow your TD bind for that, heh
That would get you down there withOUT a pet. Now he has to kill that nuking dispelling bellycaster with an animation. hmmm...
Old 01-20-2013, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That would get you down there withOUT a pet. Now he has to kill that nuking dispelling bellycaster with an animation. hmmm...
park a pet at your bind point, gate, pull pet down with you, easy. also he talked about using an animation as another option.
Closed Thread