Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 08:52 AM
Sarnak

When I used to solo him during Luclin as a bard the key point was to mez and drain him.

I don't know if he is flagged differently on p99, but it's worth a death to find out, non?

'stuce
Old 01-21-2013, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of this speculation is inconsistent with what Kindadar saw in the fight. I would point the naysayers toward the solo artist challenge thread where you can read about many seemingly unwinnable fights won solo by Loraen and others. Today we were messing around with a three-man Fear break. The learning curve is pretty wicked, but I'm pretty sure we'll get it down.

Yes, you have to get lucky to win these fights with one or two people. You don't get lucky if you don't try.
3 man fear break?

Enchanter, Necro, Druid (or Shaman). Should be pretty easy.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of this speculation is inconsistent with what Kindadar saw in the fight. I would point the naysayers toward the solo artist challenge thread where you can read about many seemingly unwinnable fights won solo by Loraen and others. Today we were messing around with a three-man Fear break. The learning curve is pretty wicked, but I'm pretty sure we'll get it down.

Yes, you have to get lucky to win these fights with one or two people. You don't get lucky if you don't try.
No, there is a lot of misinformation in this thread by people who have claimed to fight him. He does NOT have an AOE. His dispell is NOT anywhere weak enough to be able to keep pets charmed. I question almost anything else said by these people who don't seem to be able to get basic things about the mob correct.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I question where you have tried this Catherin. I have actually tried to solo phinny and unfortunately this is not how his dispell works. Before the fight I junk buffed, HP buffed and resist buffed. As a shammy this meant I was around 12-13 buffs (leaving room for torpor etc). Upon engaging I had 0 buffs within 20 seconds. I understand that most every other mob that dispells works differently, but I can tell you that phinny is unique in this respect.
I never once claimed i could solo phinny Triangle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I was giving advice on how to maintain a charmed pet on mobs like these with dispells. I understand this particular mob is a bit different than others too. You can manage some pretty creative things if you put your mind to it. While I would say a solo is pretty unlikely, i still think it possible.

Phinny its a trick of dealing with the shear amount of dispells. Ragefire is much easier when it comes to that, but then there is a problem with the fear. Can maintain a charmed pet super easily but it has low Mr to begin with and is feared most of the time. I havnt really figured out a way around that. if i could, i could duo with a cleric
Last edited by -Catherin-; 01-21-2013 at 11:38 PM..
Old 01-21-2013, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Phingel's dispell on a charmed pet is absolutely nothing you need to worry about. you just need to order your pets buffs appropriately so that your charm isnt at the top.

at his first dispell he will drop your root. replace root with see invis and recast see invis every time he dispells so that he never makes it to your charm spell down near the bottom. Dead fish.

Tried and True. done it on phingel

What you said made it sound like it is a simple thing to do, that it has been done, that it is a well-known and widely-used method, and possibly even that you had done it personally. The words in the quote above definitely do not mean "this is a way you can potentially kill some random mobs who dispel, but this probably won't work on Phinigel because of how often he dispels."
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 01-22-2013 at 12:00 AM..
Old 01-22-2013, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

point taken. i should know by now on these forums that everyone will pick apart the semantics of every statement made. I'll try to do better [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-22-2013, 12:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
point taken. i should know by now on these forums that everyone will pick apart the semantics of every statement made. I'll try to do better [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good! You are on thin ice, buster brown.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuce999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I used to solo him during Luclin as a bard the key point was to mez and drain him.

I don't know if he is flagged differently on p99, but it's worth a death to find out, non?

'stuce
I believe he's unmezzable on p99. I've tried to mez him a dozen or so times during fights when he was about to die (so I wouldn't die or take aggro) and it always got resisted. Maybe rapture would still work though, I have no idea.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 01-22-2013, 07:06 AM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure I resisted all of his dispels in one fight as a 60 with something like 210 mr and a bard adding to that, I'd confirm it if I could just remember where I put those logs.
Closed Thread