Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 03:25 AM
Sarnak

Default Game of Crowns

Okay, so since you're all into Everquest the television show, and since everyone I know freaked out about some wedding thing this week, I figured I'd start working on getting caught up on this nonsense.

I have a torrent running for season 1 and plan to watch the entire thing on 2x speed in VLC. If anything seems pretty important I may slow down to 1.5x, but either way, It was nice getting through the first episode in the amount of time it takes to get through an episode of Seinfeld.

First impressions: parties and fucking are pretty funny in double-time, and I liked when they put googly-eyes on the dead guy near the beginning.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:29 AM
Fire Giant

Winter is comming sir Glitch.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Kobold

You definitely got one thing right, Adriana is a badass.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if u watch it on 2x speed, you might as well not watch it. im a huge GoT nerd, and imo most of Game of Thrones is political maneuvering + manipulating people with a dash of action sprinkled on top. you would have no idea what was going on, or why any of it was going on, and you would have wasted about 15 hrs of your life (if u watch 2x speed). just invest 29 hours watching at 1.0 speed. without the dialog, your wasting your time. (still MUCH faster than reading five books with 1k pages each)
So that is where you keep vanishing to! Rereading GoT every week to see what they did differently on the show!! jk we know you GMs are working hard to keep the realms safe on Norrath99.

Loved the books havent been able to bring myself to watch the show yet out of fear of disappointment(and just very little time to watch on sunday night)

Btw the picture above is off for some reason. Ohhh got it your missing Eccezan. Also can we get a before and after pic or maybe one updated as characters are killed off??
Old 06-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

Eccezan lives beyond the wall (U.S. border that is) and has no relevance here!
Old 06-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if u watch it on 2x speed, you might as well not watch it. im a huge GoT nerd, and imo most of Game of Thrones is political maneuvering + manipulating people with a dash of action sprinkled on top. you would have no idea what was going on, or why any of it was going on, and you would have wasted about 15 hrs of your life (if u watch 2x speed). just invest 29 hours watching at 1.0 speed. without the dialog, your wasting your time. (still MUCH faster than reading five books with 1k pages each)
I'm keeping up with the dialogue just fine, it's really not too hard to adapt.
Only problem I'm having is remembering everybody's name, which I would probably have at 1x speed. Like seriously, this Ned guy has like 20 kids.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:28 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm keeping up with the dialogue just fine, it's really not too hard to adapt.
Only problem I'm having is remembering everybody's name, which I would probably have at 1x speed. Like seriously, this Ned guy has like 20 kids.
if u are getting dialog, then i will shut my mouth! show cuts all the dreams from book 1. names are going to be hard because theres soooo many characters and so little screen time.

but if u have questions, u can ask me here or via PM later down the road [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 06-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Kobold

Do you canadians even get HBO? =P

Glitterati Irons - Wood Elf Druid.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you canadians even get HBO? =P
We do, but we also get the pirate bay. ;p
Old 06-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Sarnak

With twice speed, many facial and body expressions will be lost. A brief and serious pause will look like a hiccup.
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Closed Thread