Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 11:41 PM
Banned

Default Velious Release News

Rogean: But what happens if you plan everything and then the server gets ddos'd into a large crater

Rogean: You might want to pay a visit to eashan then

Rogean: *** I'm about to post that *** on the front page of P99, I could give a *** about people who threaten to ddos the server

Rogean: Seriously though he does own and carry firearms so I really wouldn't go knocking

Rogean: Anywhosies.. hesitant to release velious while there is an active ddos threat.. so we need to find a solution for that
Rogean: and this isn't some silly kid spending ten bucks for a bot army
Littlegyno: can we donate more for ddos protection?Rogean: Well
Rogean: since you mention it

Rogean: we already pay for a level of ddos protection from our data center, but to protect against a seriously funded attack, we would need protection upstream.. those kinds of solutions run in the tens of thousands
Rogean: We may, but we're still gathering information and evaluating options.

Rogean: and I really really hate to collect that amount of money and still not even garauntee we can stop it. You have BILLION dollar companies being taken offline all the time by the groups like anonymous and lulzsect, etc..
Rogean: @Littlegyno not right away but we would feel out the community to see the response. If it's positive we would announce a date. Keep in mind these companies make you sign 1 year agreements but we may have an option for a 30 day refund. If that's the case we need to time it very well
Rogean: yea that was absolutely crazy with the kickstarter.. did I tell you guys how much p99 players alone raised?

Rogean: even though nobody ended up paying any of it

For you blue dipshits. The rest of stream was listening to two retard guild leaders associate the law of thermodynamics with the blue99 raid scene. Truly cringeworthy material.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah I heard about the ddos threat delaying Velious a few days ago. Really sad that someone would spend money to piss off a few thousand people who just want to play EverQuest. There's a special place in hell, if you believe in that kind of stuff.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

so velious is ready?

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 01-27-2015, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

Oleris - no. lots of stuff on the super list not tested yet.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 01-27-2015, 04:36 AM
Planar Protector

btw, you missed the line where Rogean dropped the persons name that is threatening to d-dos the server.

PL service
Old 01-27-2015, 10:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlegyno 13.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogean: But what happens if you plan everything and then the server gets ddos'd into a large crater

Rogean: You might want to pay a visit to eashan then

Rogean: *** I'm about to post that *** on the front page of P99, I could give a *** about people who threaten to ddos the server

Rogean: Seriously though he does own and carry firearms so I really wouldn't go knocking

Rogean: Anywhosies.. hesitant to release velious while there is an active ddos threat.. so we need to find a solution for that
Rogean: and this isn't some silly kid spending ten bucks for a bot army
Littlegyno: can we donate more for ddos protection?Rogean: Well
Rogean: since you mention it

Rogean: we already pay for a level of ddos protection from our data center, but to protect against a seriously funded attack, we would need protection upstream.. those kinds of solutions run in the tens of thousands
Rogean: We may, but we're still gathering information and evaluating options.

Rogean: and I really really hate to collect that amount of money and still not even garauntee we can stop it. You have BILLION dollar companies being taken offline all the time by the groups like anonymous and lulzsect, etc..
Rogean: @Littlegyno not right away but we would feel out the community to see the response. If it's positive we would announce a date. Keep in mind these companies make you sign 1 year agreements but we may have an option for a 30 day refund. If that's the case we need to time it very well
Rogean: yea that was absolutely crazy with the kickstarter.. did I tell you guys how much p99 players alone raised?

Rogean: even though nobody ended up paying any of it

For you blue dipshits. The rest of stream was listening to two retard guild leaders associate the law of thermodynamics with the blue99 raid scene. Truly cringeworthy material.
Which law of thermodynamics u slack jawed simpleton?
Old 01-27-2015, 10:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I heard about the ddos threat delaying Velious a few days ago. Really sad that someone would spend money to piss off a few thousand people who just want to play EverQuest. There's a special place in hell, if you believe in that kind of stuff.
I agree with this one.. Why would someone bother trying to DDoS a server where during peak on the weekends has 1200 on it.. Ain't they got anything better to do? Go fuck with Sony/Playstation shit.. They are used to it lol.

After all, after what? 4 years this March of Kunark.. I'd figure anyone who plays on Blue would be begging for Velious...Even the ones who probably wouldn't see a day in ToV in their lives on this server, myself included....
Old 01-27-2015, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Best way to test super list velious things is to release it considering not many have been on the beta.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
btw, you missed the line where Rogean dropped the persons name that is threatening to d-dos the server.
Don't leave us hanging.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't leave us hanging.
around 15 minutes in the youtube VOD.

PL service
Closed Thread