Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rriiiight... because we've just been wrong all of this time. Never mind that the Plague still exists and we know how to defeat it now, easily.

You clearly haven't learned a single damned thing about ebola.
Keep saying that, as if we know for a fact what the black death was. Hint: we don't.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=117310

That's the first link I found googling just now.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep saying that, as if we know for a fact what the black death was. Hint: we don't.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=117310

That's the first link I found googling just now.
I had never heard about this Ebola/Black Death theory before so I'm glad you posted this.

Being a bit of a documentary junkie + science and history nerd, a few years ago I remember watching an interesting program about the Black Death. Scientists were studying a small village somewhere in England (iirc) where there seemed to be a fairly high population of people who were naturally immune to HIV/AIDS. I think this is when they first discovered the mutated CCR5 gene that's HIV/AIDS resistant. Very interesting indeed that they can date its first mutation to 650 years ago, coinciding with the first appearance of the Black Death in Europe.

When you add that to the description of what happened to the organs (and other symptoms) of the victims, plus the information about transmission and quarantine, it really seems possible that it wasn't Bubonic Plague (bacterial) at all that they were dealing with back then, but Ebola (virus).

I wish I could remember if they even mentioned Ebola in that film... Anyway, it's a facinating theory that would force a change in history books if they end up proving it.

http://www.rense.com/general12/bub.htm (just a bit of info about quarantines back in those days, and further support for the article you posted)
Quote:
Professor Duncan said people soon learnt that the only effective way of dealing with the Black Death was to put affected families and even entire villages into quarantine for 40 days. "A quarantine period was first instituted in the city states of northern Italy in the late 14th century and this was gradually adopted throughout Europe and maintained for the next 300 years until the plague disappeared," professors Duncan and Scott say in their book Biology of Plagues.

A quarantine would not have been effective if the disease was spread by rat fleas," said Professor Duncan. "Rats don't respect quarantines. This disease was transmitted directly from person to person which suggests an infectious virus."

Bubonic plagues spread in a complex fashion because they rely on the interaction of fleas, rats and people. Yet the pattern of spread of the Black Death was relatively simple and predictable, indicating person-to-person transmission.

"Endemic bubonic plague is essentially a rural disease because it is an infection of rodents," the book says. "The Black Death, in contrast, struck indiscriminately in the countryside and towns."

The symptoms of the Black Death point to a haemorrhagic fever caused by an Ebola-like virus. The fever struck suddenly, it caused aching and bleeding from internal organs, as well as red blotches caused by the effusion of blood under the skin ñ classic symptoms of Ebola-like illnesses.
People forget sometimes that when it comes to science nothing is written in stone. You never know when evidence will be discovered that turns everything upside-down. Keeping an open mind about things is essential.

The world was flat once, right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-16-2014, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

I first thought about it the other day after reading about it's symptoms and how it kills people. "What if the black death was ebola?" Guess I'm not the only one who thought that.

Nobody knows for sure. We only have medieval descriptions to go by, and at the time it was thought to be the plague I'm guessing nobody knew something like ebola existed.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

black death's trademark was the presence of bubos (sp) and blackened fingers etc.. not leaking blood out of your mouth/nose/eyes/ears/nipples/ass
Old 10-17-2014, 10:42 AM
Kobold

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...st-ebola-news/

This

You Have to See Self-Described Germaphobe Dana Loesch Flip Over the Latest Ebola News
Old 10-17-2014, 12:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greegon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
black death's trademark was the presence of bubos (sp) and blackened fingers etc.. not leaking blood out of your mouth/nose/eyes/ears/nipples/ass
And was stated multiple times in history that the infamous sigh of black death was swollen lymph glands. I think MrSparkle001 is crazy IRL.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I first thought about it the other day after reading about it's symptoms and how it kills people. "What if the black death was ebola?" Guess I'm not the only one who thought that.

Nobody knows for sure. We only have medieval descriptions to go by, and at the time it was thought to be the plague I'm guessing nobody knew something like ebola existed.
The symptoms don't match up at all beyond the vomiting/diarrhea/bleeding, which also match up with the symptoms of several hundred other diseases. The blackening of the extremities due to gangrene (where the black death got its name, duh) is not seen in ebola. The first and most obvious symptom involving what they called "tumours in the groin or armpits" is not seen in ebola. Are you one of those people who only have a passing interest in something, come up with some random unsupported hypothesis, and then believe that to be the truth in contradiction to pretty much every expert that has spent their lives working in that field? Sheer lunacy.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my news sources say ebola is a false flag for starting the fema death camps
is your news source stormfront?
Old 10-17-2014, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The symptoms don't match up at all beyond the vomiting/diarrhea/bleeding, which also match up with the symptoms of several hundred other diseases. The blackening of the extremities due to gangrene (where the black death got its name, duh) is not seen in ebola. The first and most obvious symptom involving what they called "tumours in the groin or armpits" is not seen in ebola. Are you one of those people who only have a passing interest in something, come up with some random unsupported hypothesis, and then believe that to be the truth in contradiction to pretty much every expert that has spent their lives working in that field? Sheer lunacy.
You didn't read my link.

Quote:
Medieval descriptions of the Black Death sound like the hemorrhagic fever caused by an Ebola-like virus, the authors say. Such fever strikes fast and causes blood vessels to burst underneath the skin, bringing out welts, similar to what British medical texts from the Middle Ages describe as "God's tokens."

The liquidization of internal organs that causes excruciating pain in Ebola victims matches the descriptions of historical autopsies on plague victims, which similarly describe internal organs being dissolved along with the appearance of a black liquid, according to the authors.
It's from this book: http://www.amazon.com/Return-Black-D.../dp/0470090006 which I haven't read, only found from googling.

You also realize they don't say "it was ebola" and that there were multiple periods of plague which could have been different diseases right?

I'll give some more links for you not to read:

http://www.rense.com/general12/bub.htm

http://www.livescience.com/15937-bla...ue-debate.html

Strange to think that scientists are challenging long-held beliefs huh? That never happens.
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 10-17-2014 at 09:43 PM..
Old 10-18-2014, 03:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...st-ebola-news/

This

You Have to See Self-Described Germaphobe Dana Loesch Flip Over the Latest Ebola News
"OMG they're touching things with their Ebola hands! THEY'RE TOUCHING MY THINGS!!" (She didn't really say exactly those words verbatim but it's basically what I heard.)

Yeah, this video cracked me up a little. Obviously from my posts I've been concerned that Ebola might spread, but this lady is going a bit overboard.

But in her defense, the people who are supposed to be the experts in dealing with this type of shit failed miserably in every way. That is the reason so many people are freaking out now. We needed strong and knowledgeable leadership but instead they bullshitted us so much that all credibility is just gone. We needed someone in charge who knows what they're doing, not some asshole who came out immediately throwing sick (and now possibly dying) nurses under the bus instead of taking responsibility for failing to implement the correct measures to protect against the disease spreading.
Closed Thread