Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Kobold

Default Unsure about what/who to believe anymore

-I will not be naming any characters or the guild which tried to train us as this is not a thread intended to do damage (even though they probably deserve naming and shaming) but to give some positive advertisement to the other guild involved as they genuinely surprised me due to all the negative press I read-

So I was in Unrest last night in a very awesome full group which contained a certain very well twinked character whom I will not name. We were happily camping away in the fireplace room within the estate when another incredibly well geared fungi twink Iksar logged in.

Immediately, upon him logging in, our super twink engaged and proceeded to chase him out of the manor towards the zoneline. He called for us to help him but due to the speed at which everything seemed to happen a lot of us seemed apprehensive about making an enemy of this twink and only 1 of us helped.

After our twink and the mage from our group killed the Iksar I began to ask a few questions and wondered why our twink had opened up a can of whoop ass on him without hesitating. He proceeded to tell me that the Iksar was a known boxer and griefer of the server, something which he expressed his hatred for. Our group agreed with him and we continued to hunt.

We continued to XP and converse when eventually the question "What guild are you in?" was brought up. It wasn't until our twink replied "Nihilium" that I was almost speechless. Everything I've read and heard about this guild is negative, I see people Prasing OOC when a Nihili dies and people speak of them generally as if they are scum. Yet here I was in a group with a guy who up until that very minute had been nothing but pleasant and shared similar views and ethics as any upstanding P99er. Something just wasn't adding up.

5 minutes later our Nihili twink alerted us to someone who had just zoned in, stating that it was the Iksar's main and that we should be careful. I did a /who all and sure enough the Iksar had logged off. Literally seconds after I had hit the enter key the entire top floor, courtyard and basement of Unrest came teaming through our room training and killing most of our group... I sent the trainer a tell saying

"I know you're that monk that was killed by our group, but it may interest you to know that only 1 of our group chose to help him kill you, and even if we had all decided to gank you - PVP is legal, training is not"

He replied some BS about he wasn't the Iksar but a friend of his who had just come to pick him up but he had logged off, and that he was camped downstairs and hadn't realised that he trained - a likely story.

Why share all this? Genuinely I was surprised last night. I had a pretty clear picture of who I thought were the "Good" and "Bad" guys on this server. Based on nothing but 1 public RMT ban and a load of hear say. I'm not trying to say that everyone in Nihilium are saints, but judging by what I KNOW to have happened last night, I will seriously be questioning the morality of the other guilds and wondering if I judged this book too early.

TLDR Version

Grouped/PL'd by a great guy and awesome twink who turned out to be Nihilium.
Nihili twink kills other Iksar twink pretty much 1v1. (Some help from a non twinked mage)
Iksar twink logs in main and trains our entire group.
Left wondering who the real "Good" and "Bad" guys are
Old 07-15-2014, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

Every guild has people that suck. It is a small server so guilds cant be picky. Eventually you will learn who the suck people are, and you can choose to avoid avoid them.

Here is a link from a hate train caused by Nihilum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZOY...ature=youtu.be

I happened to be on the raid with Nihilum when Willian caused this train and it was not a accident. I'm not saying the guilds I have been in have been any better. My advice is to just make some friends (and enemies), and if you find yourself training zones on purpose it might be time to step back and play a different game.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Nihilum isn't hated because they're bad people they're hated because they have zero interest in giving the pvp server a proper chance to prosper. What they are doing to you is what originally put the server in the shitter, they recruit anyone who is new or affraid of competition... where does that put a pvp server? In a place where pvp is almost non-existant.

If i could have it my way i'd ban lite and salem from logging on so the box became a dull piece of shit cause that's really what it deserves to be, the few who keeps fighting just prolong the imminent death of this box

Sorry for the negativity but it's the truth, my protip is leveling to 30 and stopping right there and just enjoy the pvp you'll get, it's way more fun
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Oh and on topic of train, ive seen officers of nihilum drop trains right ontop of us, welcome to everquest, no one gives 3 shits, you'll have dirtbags on all sides, there's no changing that
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:40 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikrib [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every guild has people that suck. It is a small server so guilds cant be picky. Eventually you will learn who the suck people are, and you can choose to avoid avoid them.

Here is a link from a hate train caused by Nihilum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZOY...ature=youtu.be

I happened to be on the raid with Nihilum when Willian caused this train and it was not a accident. I'm not saying the guilds I have been in have been any better. My advice is to just make some friends (and enemies), and if you find yourself training zones on purpose it might be time to step back and play a different game.
Solid advice, thanks for your input. The whole ordeal just got my thinking is all.

I am under no illusion that there are people capable of being douche's in every guild. It was just that there is so much readily accessible information and people jumping at the bit to tell you how awful the people in Nihilium are, yet last night "The Good Guys" trained me and 3 other people in my group that DIDN'T attack him because they were sore about being PvP'd by an equally twinked player.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nihilum isn't hated because they're bad people they're hated because they have zero interest in giving the pvp server a proper chance to prosper. What they are doing to you is what originally put the server in the shitter, they recruit anyone who is new or affraid of competition... where does that put a pvp server? In a place where pvp is almost non-existant.

If i could have it my way i'd ban lite and salem from logging on so the box became a dull piece of shit cause that's really what it deserves to be, the few who keeps fighting just prolong the imminent death of this box

Sorry for the negativity but it's the truth, my protip is leveling to 30 and stopping right there and just enjoy the pvp you'll get, it's way more fun
I totally get what you are trying to say here Smedy, and i'm not using this thread to advocate people joining Nihilium.

But based on my experiences last night PvP did take place, between 3 people. Essentially 2 people who had ridiculously good gear including very high end weaps and fungi's.... When said person died they logged in their main to exact their revenge on our whole group. Through the means of training us...

I'm a new player here on Red99... Do you think these actions promoted this server? They are no better than Nihilium, the guild that is apparently the scourge of this box. Just seems very hypocritical.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh and on topic of train, ive seen officers of nihilum drop trains right ontop of us, welcome to everquest, no one gives 3 shits, you'll have dirtbags on all sides, there's no changing that
*Sad Panda*
Old 07-15-2014, 10:04 AM
Banned

Nihilum exploit children in 3rd world countries. Also club seals and piss on organic crops.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I totally get what you are trying to say here Smedy, and i'm not using this thread to advocate people joining Nihilium.

But based on my experiences last night PvP did take place, between 3 people. Essentially 2 people who had ridiculously good gear including very high end weaps and fungi's.... When said person died they logged in their main to exact their revenge on our whole group. Through the means of training us...

I'm a new player here on Red99... Do you think these actions promoted this server? They are no better than Nihilium, the guild that is apparently the scourge of this box. Just seems very hypocritical.
If it is truth you seek, coming to the forums is the wrong place to come to and express your views. The reason why the majority of the players end up in Nihilum is simply because the opposition in the end are Nihilum's biggest advocates.

It shows them a benchmark of how bad a guild can be before the players can finally open their eyes to the other side of the fence. Opposition is healthy, unfortunately those that run the opposition generally aren't.

One of 3 things usually happen:
1) Implosion due to loot whoring in the core
2) Implosion due to mass paranoia and witch hunts
3) Implosion due to extremely casual player base

Nihilum has faced all 3 problems but the officers have kept things together. The guild has endured dark times and prosperous times, but is not without its flaws.

The bottom line is this:
Play the game for what it is and make your own decision based on how you want to play the game and who you want to play the game with. We are in Kunark era, so the gear gap is pretty small and you can run with a tight crew and be competitive in PvP. Things will change in Velious.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

The best advice I can give you is to form your own opinions. Nihilum are sorta like the New York Yankees of R99. Is Derek Jeter an asshole just because he plays for the team with the highest payroll*, most revenue, most ESPN time, etc? No, of course not. But A-Rod is a total assclown. The team has nothing to do with the level of douche either of those guys exhibit they would be the same way regardless if they played for the Yankees or some other team.

I can tell you Nihilum takes a non griefing stance. Any member who has been in Nihilum and active for 6+ months could make a super twink with BiS droppables and wreck newbs. I'm not saying it hasn't happened or will never happen, but it is frowned upon and I've personally seen people guild removed over it.

Also, you'll find that there really aren't many Nihilum members that are very active on the forums. Elderan and I are about the only ones I can think of to be honest. But a lot of the anti Nihilum people are extremely active here, and unfortunately it appears they are having some measure of success with their propaganda if you came here thinking Nihilum was terrible without any direct experience.

*I realize the Dodgers have the highest payroll this year, speaking in a more historical sense.
Closed Thread