Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Sarnak

He should hand the 8th ring back once you've shown it to him, then pass you the traitor's box once you've said the phrase. I guess some dialogue appears missing too (below is from what alla has)

Seneschal Aldikar says, 'Well done _____, I have heard of your victory over the Ry'Gorr. If you are willing to assist the crown further please follow me.'

At this point he leads you out of the throne room and down to his private sleeping quarters.

Seneschal Aldikar says, 'Please, shut the door behind you. What I am about to share with you must not be overheard.'

Seneschal Aldikar says, 'My army stands prepared to launch an assault on Kael itself, but one task must be completed before this can happen.'

Seneschal Aldikar says, 'It seems Rodrick was not alone in his treachery. There is a faction of Coldain who believe that a treaty should be signed with the Kromrif, ending our hostilities with them. This, of course, is impossible. If there is one thing our history here has taught us it is that the Kromrif simply cannot be trusted.'

Seneschal Aldikar says, 'These traitors are poisoning the minds of our citizens, promising great rewards to those who will betray the Dain. It will take an unbiased eye of an outlander to flush out masterminds behind this plan. Once again we turn to you.'

Seneschal Aldikar says, 'Will you accept this task, outlander?'

You say, 'I will accept this task'

Seneschal Aldikar says, 'In this box, place the Accursed Dirk of the Fallen Rodrick. With it combine the heads of every traitor you dispose of. When this is done give the box and the Velium insignia ring to the Dain directly. On behalf of the crown and all good Coldain, I thank you.....May Brell be with you.'

Seneschal Aldikar says, 'Farewell'
Old 12-02-2014, 12:49 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I noticed the same issue Zaia mentioned above with Seneschal Aldikar not handing back the 8th ring after the hand-in to trigger the traitor's box quest dialog. I can confirm that he did go through the full quest dialog in game if you follow him to his room.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:33 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He should hand the 8th ring back once you've shown it to him, then pass you the traitor's box once you've said the phrase. I guess some dialogue appears missing too (below is from what alla has)
Pending update,
He will return the ring.

Dialogue was already there.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:25 PM
Large Rat

I had read the walkthrough on Allakhazam before doing the hand-in and was waiting for session. Once the various delegates showed up I prepared to do my bit but the senescheal headed off before I got a chance to talk to him.

I knew this was different from the walkthrough but then again I wasn't really supposed to know that but only what Garadain said:
Quote:
[Sun Nov 30 23:01:08 2014] Garadain Glacierbane says, 'Good work friend! The Dain will hear of this right away. We couldn't have defeated the Ry'gorr without your help. Take this ring as proof that you have served the Coldain well. You may wish to show it to the Seneschal should you ever stop in our fine city. Farewell, Toya, it has been my pleasure knowing you.'
and then what Seneschal Aldikar said:
Quote:
[Sun Nov 30 23:19:47 2014] Seneschal Aldikar says, 'Toya, I must speak to the Dain before I instruct you further. Please speak to me while the royal court is in session.'
Then as mentioned Seneschal Aldikar left the throne room; I don't remember if I gave him the ring while he walked or after he stopped but then:
Quote:
[Sun Nov 30 23:55:42 2014] You say, 'Hail, Seneschal Aldikar'
[Sun Nov 30 23:55:42 2014] Seneschal Aldikar says, 'And a good day to you, Wood Elf. I must say that I'm impressed that your people were even able to make it to our continent, let alone survive the frigid temperatures of it. I am Seneschal Aldikar, Commander of the Armies of Thurgadin, known by some as the Sword of the Dain. My armies are currently undergoing intensive training and are ready for a full assault on Kael Drakkel as soon as his majesty gives the order.'
[Sun Nov 30 23:55:46 2014] Seneschal Aldikar says, 'Well done, Toya, I have heard of your victory over the Ry`Gorr. If you are willing to assist the crown further please follow me.'
[Sun Nov 30 23:56:55 2014] You say, 'I will accept this task'
[Sun Nov 30 23:56:55 2014] Seneschal Aldikar says, 'In this box, place the accursed dirk of the fallen Rodrick. With it combine the heads of every traitor you dispose of. When this is done give the box and the velium insignia ring to the Dain directly. On behalf of the crown and all good Coldain, I thank you ... May Brell be with you.'
which left me with the box but not the ring.

I would like to try continue ring #9 but it seems a bit futile without ring #8, so I'd like to know if I can get it back for the sake of further testing?
Old 12-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Sarnak

Try petitioning in game Zaia, the GM's or guides should be able to help
Closed Thread