Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 11:23 AM
Kobold

last night I secured enough GLS to get to 21. Nothing like Ding'ing while watching football and drinking a beer ! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] So I decided to head over to loio. Funny thing though.... I had forgotten how to get there ! So of course I went to oasis of marr and that didn't quite do the trick. A little research and I am sitting in BB waiting on the transport. I swear I could have read war & peace by the time it arrived. I finally made it to FV and bound on the big bridge. I took a minute to steady my nerves as I remembered how hard the spider run to loio was. Invis and RUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN

wait..... that's it?...... I thought I remember it being harder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] <insert that's what she said joke here> Re-bound myself inside of loio at the mouth of the river and started killing. already 1/2 way to 22 and I'm hoping to hit it soon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Till next time
Don't let Iksars use their tails to stir your drink, that's just gross

Saum
21 Druid of Tunare
EC tunnel SoW b*tch
Last edited by Griffy; 10-31-2014 at 02:05 PM..
Old 10-23-2014, 11:57 AM
Kobold

So Last night was my first full night in loio, I had a lot of fun solo'in at the mouth of the river. As usual I think I became every ones favorite SoW b*tch. I had folks running over for Sow Every few mins "no I don't mind" I met a really cool Necro named Kennenn there. he was soloing a little closer to the pillars than I was. He would help me out when a mob got a little too aggressive and I would do the same for him. Also tossed him the bones and weapons I had bagged. I wonder why others never think to hold that stuff for when you happen to come across a necro in need. "A little good will goes along way should you ever need a corpse summon !"

I felt bad watching zone chat though. seems a few folks were having horrid luck trying to get the courier. I guess the drop rate on the ring is pretty uneven. not sure why someone would want it but /shrug

Anyway I dinged 22 about 1AM thanks to Kennenn's help and then hit the hay.

Well I guess that's it for me this morning[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Saum 22 Druid of Tunare
WTT Sow for coffee !!!!
Old 10-27-2014, 01:21 PM
Kobold

Well it was a long weekend of grinding in LiIO, Friday night and Saturday I spent time at the beach and occasionally at the mill. I grouped up with my R/L friends for a bit for the first time. we did pretty well. I really enjoyed hanging with the boys & it was nice to be able to semi keep up for a change. I also spent time hanging with Kennenn on the beach. I power leveled him a bit and he saved my bacon on a bad pull[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I Also met Zlexx at the mill. always nice to meet a new enchanter. He would pop in and I would toss him a sow and he would hit me with breeze. this went on for hours hehehe.

On Sunday There was a shammy named Byde shouting for foraged crabs in /ooc. Man are those a rare forage. I was foraging all day in zone on Saturday & Sunday and only found 3 of those things. Sunday evening he popped back into zone shouing WTB Foraged Crab stuff. I sent him a tell that I had 3 for him at the mill. He asked what I wanted for one. Well I had only been saving them since he shouted and so I just gave it to him. I think it made his day.

Sunday Night was the most interesting thing that happened this weekened. I got a random tell out of the blue from a Bard
Bard "Hey man, Are you solo'in?"
Me "Yeppers"
Bard "How long you going to be on?"
Me "oh I don't know, till I get bored I guess"
Bard "If you have a couple hours I can get you to 30"
Me "umm Ok?"

Now I have never been power leveled by a Bard before, And man that was one insane session of P/L'ing. The truth of it was he had a little buddy that was a 20th level Iksar that he wanted to power level" I was only needed for PBAOE. He Guided his friend and me to a spot in the valley between the two towers at the fort.
"Stay here and invis up both of you" says the bard
Me "okey Dokey"
Bard "load up tremor and when I tell you nuke away"
Me "um Okey Dokey"
So I loaded Tremor and Invised the Icky and myself.
The bard dropped group and the fun began
2 mins later here comes the bard running past with a Monstrous amount of mobs on him heading towards the other tower. 2 mins later he is running them in a circle similar to a giant kite. he sang something that was similar to a snare and told me "ok now" !!!

I started casting Tremor and sure enough It hit all the mobs since he has such a tight circle going around me and the Icky. The problem was Tremor costs 200 mana and I only had enough for 4 casts. That took the mobs below 60% but didn't even come close to dropping them. After that it became a session of Med for 2 mins+ and cast 1 Tremor" All the while the poor Bard is running these mobs around us. The Icky was swinging as best he could but at level 20 he wasn't hitting much or hard.

We did this for I think 4-5 times and I finished the night 4 blue short of 26. The Icky finished at 22. The bard called it because we were going TO SLOW !!!! Now since it was my responsibility to do the damage... I am sure that was my fault. One day Ill hav a decent mana pool, but that day wasn't this day lol. Either way. the Bard had a killer routine going and I did all of 24 and most of 25 there in just an hour and a half or so.

While I don't think that is an illegal tactic I left their names off in case so I wouldn't get them in trouble. I am hopeful to get to 29 and be able to port for the events I hear maybe coming up this weekend [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Till Next time !!!!

Saum
Lvl 25 Druid of Tunare
Tremor = the bomb !!
Last edited by Griffy; 10-27-2014 at 09:33 PM..
Old 10-27-2014, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

love the live blog, keep it up. Gives me something enjoyable to read at work!
Old 10-27-2014, 03:22 PM
Kobold

Thanks Camel and I will. I also might just use your leveling guide. I am getting bored of Loio and wanted to try something diff. NK and KFC might just do the trick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] "Cant do the trents those as I'm sure that would mess up faction [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]"
Old 10-28-2014, 11:27 AM
Kobold

Not to Much to report on last night. I did ding 26 though ! once I hit 26 I decided to take a little tour and try some of the other spots different guides had recommended. I started by running through loio from the windmill to Frontier mountains. I killed one giant that white conned at 26 there. Waaaay to much mana so I decided to keep moving. I took the long way since it seemed safer. I went through The Overthere to Warsliks Woods. The druid guide said this is where I should be.....

No not gonna do it. While I was able to kill a few giants in zone, but there wasn't a single time I didn't have to deal with adds. Waaaay to many hills and trees. It made it difficult to watch for wandering mobs. Sooo I finished the night back in loio again, at the windmill again , Killing Sabertooths AGAIN

good news is I''m half way to 27 and I made enough money to pay for the rest of my 24 spells, so now I am just gonna save my cash for 29 spells "Yeah ports !!" oh and some shoes I'm still wearing ones from crushbone belt turn-ins.

Till next time
have fun !!
Saum 26 Druid of Tunare
Explorer of Kunark
Last edited by Griffy; 10-28-2014 at 11:36 AM..
Old 10-29-2014, 11:27 AM
Kobold

Another long night in loio, grinded out 27 "2 more levels till ports !!". Cast Sow on a bunch of folks at the mill, tried to help out with a lost corpse for a guy named blaade. and helped out with a fungi transfer.

Nose is down and I am grinding my heart out. I hope to be 29 by the weekened

Remember Don't drink & Kite !!
Saum
27 Druid of Tunare
Horder of Grimalkin meat
Moving right along

Song for the grind = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w316aA8ed8
Last edited by Griffy; 10-29-2014 at 11:31 AM..
Old 10-31-2014, 12:25 PM
Kobold

Still in loio and still grinding on grimalkins "starting to wonder if they will ever green out". So I have a bunch of Saber tooth / Excellent Saber tooth hides. Loio was pretty busy last night. A group was killing everything near the mill and it slowed me down a little bit. I moved up to the Astral Projection and hunted there but mobs were not as plentiful. I hit 28 last night "so I guess I fell short of my goal of 29 before the weekend."

Doesn't look like I will get to play much tonight. I'm in charge of handing out Halloween candy to the kids that come to the door. IF ANYONE COMES AS JUSTIN BEIBER THEY DONT GET SHIT!!!

Anyway Sorry for this lame nothing really happened update. hopefully the next one will be a lot better [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Saum
28 Druid of Tunare
pre-port B*tch
Last edited by Griffy; 10-31-2014 at 01:02 PM..
Old 11-03-2014, 01:01 PM
Kobold

Well Halloween has come and gone. No kids came to the door dressed as Justin Beibers. So that's speaks well to the youth of our nation ! "Seems there were more Captain America's than anything else". I complimented a little girl on her princess costume and got berated "I'm Not a Princess I'm Elsa" well La Dee Dah, I guess Im not the guy giving you candy "I did give her candy but not the good stuff. Her brother the ninja turtle got the snickers bar she got smarties" Unfortunately I spent Saturday recovering from my self induced candy coma, so I didn't get to play much till Sunday.

On To EQ !! Sunday morning I finally managed to Ding 29 ! I had pre bought my port spells so I would have them ready. "I didn't have enough for all my spells but figured I could make a little cash porting to buy the others." My very first port was to BB. "Thanks Cereal for being my first port !" Man was I surprised how many folks were porting. It seems every zone I went to there was someone already there /ooc "I'll port ya wherever you need to go!" I was lucky to get the 7 or so ports I did get. Smallest donation I received was 5 gold, largest was 65 plat for those that were wondering. After an hour or two of porting folks I had all my spells. It was time to leave my beloved Loio in search of greener pastures.

I did a little Solo work in FM and decided to just go ahead and bite the bullet. I decided if I was going to spend this much mana I might as well do it in The Overthere since the mobs would be a little easier to see and avoid during kites. I took on exclusively yellow mobs and found that they take about 80% of my mana to drop. The good news is I have my new Heal so I think I can be useful in groups over there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Till next time
Saum
29 Druid of Tunare
P99 Port Bitch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread