Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 08:30 AM
Fire Giant

if you need to spawn him, hit me up on any of the chars in signature, my rogue is in that area mostly
Old 12-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Aviak

For picking the notes, I recall back on live that I successfully picked the Kaladim note at (170) & the Neriak note at (177). Sage advice, though, from the other posters to best be at (200) but hope that helps.

I'm 45, so I'm about to embark on my epic, as well. Cuz its more roguely to go through such a cool quest & get it myself (not to mention I've been on p99 for 1 month so haven't accumulated nowhere near that amount of plat hehe). If you haven't completed your epic yet & I can be of any help, just /tell Faided.

G'luck on your epic!
First Rogue on Xegony to attain Make Poison (200) & Apply Poison (200)
Old 12-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi there. I'm glad to see you're eager to get started on a legit epic. You can't do this yourself at your level, but see if you can enlist the help of a 50+ rogue to spawn Stanos for you. Have them say, with Anson targeted, "I need to see Stanos." You can get started on your notes soon, I would recommend level 40 for 200 skill. And with someone helping you spawn Stanos, you can conceivably acquire your epic as early as lv 46 without someone MQing a book of souls. I quested mine at lv 47.

Steal notes.
Spawn Stanos. Turn in notes.
Give Eldreth the note Stanos gave you, along with 2 bottles of milk and 100p.
Steal the Book of Souls from PoH.
Find Yendar Starpyre. Give Yendar the note from Eldreth. He hands you back a note.
Give Yendar note back along with the Book of Souls to spawn Renux. Loot dagger and translation.
Spawn Stanos, hand him the translations, and recieve box.
Give box to dark elves in Kithicor with a sneak turn in to spawn General.
Hope quill drops.
If it doesn't collect SMR, Oracle, Ishva robes and buy a Kedge MQ for quill subquest.
Final turn in to Stanos = General's Pouch, Cazic Quill, Jagged Diamond Dagger.
Grats.
Thanks for the simple breakdown! I had one question though... from what I've read, the Book of Souls "spawns" on the ground but wandering mobs will pick it up. Is my best bet to look for it on the ground, and if it isn't there, just pick-pocket wandering mobs in that area?
Old 12-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Fire Giant

Best thing to do about BoH is to /w all hate and see if the guild clearing will let you come up and grab the BoH (and maybe rots)! You would probably have to pay for your own hate stone...
Old 12-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Kobold

Mobs do not pick up the book, it is located on a little book case/nightstand above maestro. Unfortunately it would probably be impossible to get the book on your own as they have messed up many mobs with sneak/hide in PoH. When I played on live back in the day I was able to get up to hate and get the book all by myself.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:03 PM
Kobold

Wohoo, I'm progressing along quite nicely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stealing the notes was no problem at lvl 36 with ~165 pickpocket. I had to wait until Founy despawned ~ 5 times. Maybe I was unlucky or maybe that's normal, I don't know.
But when he finally had the parchment, I stole it in my first try. Same with tani.

I just finished with Eldreth and I have one final question...
When you give the scribbled parchment to Yendar, does he despawn and respawn immediately? Or do I have to go looking for him again?
Old 12-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Kobold

There is no minimum skill lvl to pick pocket the parchments from founy and tani. I made a dwarf and dark elf rogue so I did not have to bother moving my main character all over. Yendar only despawns when you hand him the note along with the book of souls from Plane of Hate, then Renux spawns. Both Eldreth and Yendar are on an 8 hour spawn timer.
Closed Thread