Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-07-2014, 11:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami Blind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Out of curiousity, is it possible to use LDoN skeletons in place of the average run of the mill skeletons?
Technically no. With file modifications yes but I have not set up a method of getting it to work yet. and there may be animation issues if previous swap tests are any indicator.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Water Swap Project

You know how you can change an option under the graphical display to replace Classic water graphics with the modern Omens of War+ water graphics? You likely also notice it doesn't swap ALL water. Some zones have Classic water still with this turned on. This patch will fix that.

Highly recommend people post replies with zones that, even with the option toggled on, still display Classic water. I will fix them with each patch. NOTE: This will not affect moving water like waterfalls or streams.

RESERVED. Building in progress...
did you ever get this going [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2014, 11:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This spell effect/icon editing is going to take a LONG time. I'm only up to spell id 217...there's 8457 spells in the spell file. Granted many of them aren't used on P99 so I can skip some but...That project isn't going to be done in one sitting, it's gonna take me a bit.

NOTE: For now at least, to save time, the Modern Spell Graphics fix is ALSO going to include fixes for the modern spell icons.... This means it's gonna botch your icons up if you intend to continue to use Classic icons...modern icons will be fine, Luclin spell icons should also be ok. I will eventually go back and change the spell file so that it has new graphics but old icons and upload both types so people can pick and choose but for now this is taking long enough as it is...

The files required to revert back to modern spell icons/gems will be in the UI changes post. I'll add the fixes for Luclin spell icons/gems in there too.

Will update this post when the spell graphics project is complete. Depending how much time I decide to spend on it it may be done by later tonight.

EDIT: Something occured to me so I decided to log on to test what I've changed so far...I was right... Attempting to change the icons/spell graphics to match Live as Xblade did requires modifying the spells_us file which Project 1999 protects like a child... attempting to connect to the server with a file that's been modified or outdated in anyway results in the "spell file outdated, patch from project1999.org" character select crap. Xblade originally posted his fix in 2010, I think that was prior to this spellfile scanning thing going in. If I can't find a method of circumventing it I'll just have to abandon that project.
4 years late better than never: Yes, my patch was BEFORE they took out any priv's for this file. A bit frustrating. I haven't found a way around this, but surely there's a way without modifying this file.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:49 PM
Aviak

An oddity for me... Just hit 24 on my druid, and wolf form is the semi-transparent ghost wolf shaman pet. If I'm remembering correctly from Live, druid wolf form should be an opaque living wolf model. I built my file from scratch, and included everything. I also just double-checked it to make sure it was correct.

TBH, it's not really a big deal... anything is better than the old "I only have two poses and neither of them is sitting down" classic wolf form model.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:02 PM
Fire Giant

Also to add, almost all skeletal models look great except the tall ones (necro pets): no textures on mouth, crotch, hands and feet. So weird looking lol.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:45 AM
Kobold

Heya there, is it just me or Butterfly skin (Eye of Veeshan) in PoSky are buged? there is some white buged in the skin! Not beautiful at all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] i think it supose to transparently where the white is.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:41 PM
Kobold

anyone else experienced boat problem in freeport? I can't get on the boat cause since i installed this, i see the freeport boat being the big firiona vie boat, somethings wrong there....
Old 10-23-2014, 04:19 AM
Fire Giant

lol interesting, i dont have that problem , i have same pack, id bet you arent using titanium tho
Old 10-23-2014, 09:55 AM
Kobold

i am using titanium.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Water Swap Project

You know how you can change an option under the graphical display to replace Classic water graphics with the modern Omens of War+ water graphics? You likely also notice it doesn't swap ALL water. Some zones have Classic water still with this turned on. This patch will fix that.

Highly recommend people post replies with zones that, even with the option toggled on, still display Classic water. I will fix them with each patch. NOTE: This will not affect moving water like waterfalls or streams.

RESERVED. Building in progress...
Looking forward to this, any update?