Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you limited to 2 player games?
Nope!
Old 10-23-2014, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

These are two player games that I picked up last year. Haven't played them a whole lot yet just due to laziness and/or forgetting I have them...but when we played them it has been a lot of fun:

Twilight Struggle - cold war era strategy, not a risk clone though it has dice and area/regions to control, lots of cards and actions based on historical events. I feel like I learn a lot just playing this game.
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1...light-struggle

Android: Netrunner - deck building anti-corporation hacker theme, the hacker builds a rig and skills with which to try to penetrate a corporation's servers for hidden agendas.
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1...roid-netrunner
Old 10-23-2014, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Runebound p good too~
Old 10-23-2014, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

2 v 2 in SWED is hella fun

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxHound [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Talisman~
The Eq of fantasy board games..

Also Heros Quest is bawm

Last edited by iruinedyourday; 10-23-2014 at 06:42 PM..
Old 10-23-2014, 06:28 PM
Large Bat

Defenders of the Realm is 2-4 player co-op, meant for 4. It's fairly fun. You don't get to level up like Talisman but quest cards can boost your guy (re-rolls, more movement). It's also pretty difficult but the difficulty is sorta random.

Basic overview, you fight off orcs(green, 3+ to kill) undead(black 4+) dragonkin(blue 5+) demons(red 4+) and their respective bosses to keep them from getting into the city in the middle, or from just overrunning the map in general. At the end of each persons turn you draw a 'darkness spreads' card, which range from nothing(if you get REALLY lucky) to completely screwing you over in the most horrible way(most of the time). It shows two locations with 1-2 enemies on them meaning you place them as shown. If you get too many enemies (4, 3 is the max number of monsters in an area) in one area, it becomes overrun and you put a guy in every connected area (which can overrun them). Plus that area gets a tainted crystal in it every time it's overrun (could be the next persons turn if they draw that area again). You only have 12 in the box. If you need to put down a 13th crystal, you fail, you gotta go remove them but trust me they'll be back. If you run out of any color of monster models, you fail, you have to prune down numbers so no one gets too hefty. Each darkness spreads card has a boss moving on the bottom. The bosses follow a linear path to the city. If the card shows them moving to the next city on their path they move, if it's backward or skips a city, they don't. If the bosses get to the middle city, you fail. If you can't tell from the picture each boss is a mere four moves from ending your game in failure.

Fighting bosses is particularly tricky in that you have to use cards to attack them. Every turn you get two cards that you can spend on random things, some are special, some are basic, but they all have one of the colors and show you which boss you can spend this card to attack. You have a maximum of 10 of these, so if Sapphire the blue dragon is getting close to Monarch city you better start stocking blue cards and discarding the others when you have to. Say you try to take on Sapphire alone with a full compliment of 10 blue cards? With 4hp (the white boxes on it's card) and taking 5+'s to hit, good luck. Oh you lost? Well on top of death penalties, kiss your cards goodbye and there's no chance of it not having full health by the time you see it next so GG.

It's not like the game is impossible, with people working together you can break even with some bad DS cards drawn and you can definitely take down bosses. If you kill a boss you start drawing two DS cards per turn and when one boss is left you draw three... it never really lets up.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

srsly? how can u not spot settles of cataan from a mile away

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
srsly? how can u not spot settles of cataan from a mile away
Old 11-12-2014, 10:11 AM
Banned

Monopoly and risk
Old 11-12-2014, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

HeroQuest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrLi1y65V5M

Fireball Island:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ujgywX-z9c
Closed Thread