Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about a don't be a Dick/Neckbeard rule.

Get your drop, leave the camp. You want to get another, come back another time. Don't hold down the camp after getting your Fungi or Hiero to corpse 5 more.

**Exception being if you're grouped, stay til everyone gets 1 of what you want, then leave. No one likes the guy who gets good loot and immediately goes. Which I will revert to my "don't be a dick" clause.

GMs just need to start death touching or hiding corpses of people who are monopolizing camps for days, never leaving, corpsing many items, etc.
I could get behind that. I was just thinking of something less subjective hehe.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about a don't be a Dick/Neckbeard rule.

Get your drop, leave the camp. You want to get another, come back another time. Don't hold down the camp after getting your Fungi or Hiero to corpse 5 more.

**Exception being if you're grouped, stay til everyone gets 1 of what you want, then leave. No one likes the guy who gets good loot and immediately goes. Which I will revert to my "don't be a dick" clause.

GMs just need to start death touching or hiding corpses of people who are monopolizing camps for days, never leaving, corpsing many items, etc.
/applaud

Welcome to Everquest.
The DBaD award has gone to Someguyz Poopsockzalldayz!
Old 10-23-2014, 01:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty clear-cut, and these exact rules have been around in one form or another for quite some time. I really need to compile a "Project 1999: Errata and other extraneous information" post to put all this stuff. For now, this will have to do:

Camp holder has the right to pass the camp to whoever he would like. However, and this is very important, two things must happen in order for this to be a legitimate hand-off:

1) The player being handed the camp must be present around the time the first placeholder spawns after the last holder of the camp has gotten his or her item in hand. The person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives, if that person is on their way to take the camp. There is a little leeway here, and we refuse to set an exact timer on how long the placeholder can be up before the camp is forfeited, but in general it should never be for more than a couple minutes or so. We tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the person coming in to take the camp in these situations as CSR staff, so waiting a bit longer will never hurt. W

2) The person holding the camp cannot mislead you, or change the list after telling you who is next. Something that on one ever does (and I will never understand why) is to specifically address the camp holder, asking who is next on the list or if you can be next on the list. The camp holder does need to reveal to you who the next intended camp holder is - if he doesn't, you may ask to be placed next on the list and your claim will be valid unless he reveals the next person immediately. This person cannot change after the camp holder has "revealed" the next person to take the camp to you. It is an automatic forfeit if this occurs. If you ask to be the next camp holder and are told yes, the camp holder may not later retract or change this agreement and attempt to hand the camp off to someone else - it's yours once he has gotten his item or moved on from the camp.

Something else important to note about handing off camps - in particular, popular ones, but this applies to any camp that becomes contested. If you are solo camping, once you attain the item you were waiting for (an AC ring, for example) you are done camping that mob. The next person on the camp list had better be prepared at this point in order to come eliminate the very next placeholder spawn in order to "stake his claim" on the mob. You cannot work wacky corpse lines on lore items in order to grab multiple items in the same "camp session" if there are others waiting to take the camp. Please be aware that we reserve the right to apply this same ruling to any camp if we deem it necessary, including camps with multiple players.
You wanna sticky this kind of stuff somewhere chief? Or you want us to bookmark it to forumquest ya'll with later?

Also: play red
Old 10-23-2014, 03:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Issue: Fake lists of 200 people.

Proposed solution: In order to be on a list your name must be given by the current camp holder immediately upon request and EITHER : (a) be at the computer and able to send a tell to/respond to tells from the person asking to be on the list informing them that you are next on the list; or (b) be afk (well you don't have to afk) at the camp.

No way to have a guy just say "Sally has next, then Mike, then Jimmo". The new-comer would be able to verify that those people are on the list and watch their activity.

I'm happy to hear how stupid I am [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's how it could be exploited. Newbie comes up and asks for a name on the list. The person camping the mob does /who all his guild. Then he names all 20 of the names that pop up. In the event that several of the 20 are no longer on line when camper douche decides to pass the camp off, he can still rely on his "fake list" to hand it off to a guildie as several of those original 20 members are likely still on-line. If a guildie other than the 20 names wants the camp next, it would be easy to have one of those 20 names on the fake list go take over the camp, say for half hour. When said newbie asks for a "new list" from the new camper, the second camper simply gives the name of the guildie who really wanted the camp when originally asked...and done.

You're not stupid, just unclear as to how fucked up douches typically think.

In my opinion, what we should be doing is doing away with "long distance lists" so that anyone who wants be on a list must either be on the spawn or very close to it (e.g., seafury island if they want the AC spawn or Essence earring spawn when wanting the chief spawn in Droga's) and thus in the same zone.
Last edited by Nietche; 10-23-2014 at 03:18 PM..
Old 10-23-2014, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

I think one thing that is being missed from Deru's post is that there is no list of 20 people. There is a list of 1. You can only hand your camp off to one person. If that fails, you don't have a fall back of 19 or however many other people, you just have the one person. The person asking for the name of the next in line is automatically the default holder of the camp as long as they are physically present and able to hold the camp.
I do agree with one thing that has been pointed out. I think that the person asking for the name of next in line for camp should have to actually be physically present at the camp in order to qualify for this privilege.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

sounds like a lot less hassle to just change the lore tag to include corpses. classic or not.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sounds like a lot less hassle to just change the lore tag to include corpses. classic or not.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Something else important to note about handing off camps - in particular, popular ones, but this applies to any camp that becomes contested. If you are solo camping, once you attain the item you were waiting for (an AC ring, for example) you are done camping that mob. The next person on the camp list had better be prepared at this point in order to come eliminate the very next placeholder spawn in order to "stake his claim" on the mob. You cannot work wacky corpse lines on lore items in order to grab multiple items in the same "camp session" if there are others waiting to take the camp. Please be aware that we reserve the right to apply this same ruling to any camp if we deem it necessary, including camps with multiple players.
There is no way for this rule to be regulated as camps like Tranix. For instance, someone is camping Tranix and a crown drops. All the person camping it has to do is tell whoever is waiting for the camp that the crown didn't drop. Then they just have to wait until the guy in line leaves, corpse it sometime in the next 8 hours or however last Tranix takes to respawn, and lie to the next person who wants to take the camp from them. Without a coding change or 24 hour GM regulation, this does not stop people from corpsing 12 lore items.
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think one thing that is being missed from Deru's post is that there is no list of 20 people. There is a list of 1. You can only hand your camp off to one person. If that fails, you don't have a fall back of 19 or however many other people, you just have the one person. The person asking for the name of the next in line is automatically the default holder of the camp as long as they are physically present and able to hold the camp.
I do agree with one thing that has been pointed out. I think that the person asking for the name of next in line for camp should have to actually be physically present at the camp in order to qualify for this privilege.
I pretty much agree with everything said here, but I think some leeway should be given to the guy waiting for AC camp while killing seafuries. He will be ready for the next ph easily. Just my 2 cents though as I can see your point of view too.

The 20-odd people on the "fake list" was a hypothetical, and I certainly do not support lengthy lists. In fact, I don't think there should be a list at all, beyond the person waiting for the camp. If that guy camps or is link dead, after a reasonable amount of time, the next guy who has shown interest gets camp.

I'm with Cecily on pretty much everything she has said as well.

The TLDR of this entire thread is: Stop being a douche bag.

If I camp fbss for 13 hours, and finally get it, I don't corpse myself for another 13-hour camp. I mean who does that? If there's a newbie at hour 5 asking me to let him know if I leave or get item, I tell newbie when I leave, and if he's not online, the next newbie who has expressed camp gets camp. And like the nice guy I am, I generally wait until said newbie gets to camp so some other asshat doesn't try to lay claim to the camp in between placeholders.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:47 PM
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS3cNOm-P8g

basically its like this ^^
Closed Thread