Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-24-2014, 05:49 PM
Fire Giant

Changes were made to Line of Sight on Live here:

Code:
Line of Sight Changes:
For spells that require Line of Sight (LoS), the LoS check is now at the beginning of the spellcast, not the end.
Spells that require but do not have of LoS will now fail immediately.
Harmful spells require LoS.
Most Beneficial spells still do not require LoS.
Bind Sight type spells do not require LoS.
Any beneficial spell containing a Cancel Magic component requires LoS.
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020904.html
Old 11-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Been thinking about this for years. I remember there being no LOS required in outdoor zones (except for bolts) but I had no proof to offer besides anecdotal evidence.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been thinking about this for years. I remember there being no LOS required in outdoor zones (except for bolts) but I had no proof to offer besides anecdotal evidence.
Gonna bump this.

This is how I remember it and how people comment on it before the LoS patch in PoP. Should be able to cast on mobs inside of houses and behind walls if you're in an outdoor zone.

Bolts and ranged items still require LoS and no collisions with geometry.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Fire Giant

This works in some cases and not in others.

I pull hags in Unrest (outdoor zone) with a bow and run out of LOS. If she casts before I get out of line of site, her spell will hit me even if I'm out of line of site. If I get out of line of site before she starts casting, she can't cast and has to chase me until I am in LOS. Are you saying she should be able to cast on me after I'm out of LOS?

Also in Unrest, from fireplace, I go to hag room or hand or bar and target a mob. I have a druid or ranger cast harmony and it works even though they are in a different room out of line of site.

What isn't working:
Gornit in OOT. You cannot cast, shoot arrows or anything to pull him unless you get down in the water (actually under water).
Burnt Wood Staff - you cast it and if a mob goes out of LOS after it's cast but before it's hit the mob, it's not hitting the mob. It's saying mob is out of sight. This happens a lot in OOT with all the little molehills. It should follow.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It depends whether we are indoors or outdoors. Outdoors we can be over the hill or behind the tree or anywhere you like. Indoors or underground we need to be able to see them.

Incoherent rambling about how indoors shouldn't require LoS cause his God is Brell Serilis.

I'm gonna certified stamp that post "Classic as Fuck". Classic mechanic, roleplaying and excessive use of apostrophes while roleplaying. I bet that was posted from a dial up connection too.
Hate to be the one to say this Dald, but in that Eqcleric post from 2000 that you used, you can see two of the clerics wondering whats up with this LOS on every nuke.
(funny that you picked that thread, one of the clerics in that thread is me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] being upset about the LOS changes on our dd spells )
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 05-20-2015, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Gonna bump this. Still don't think LoS was required for detrimental spells in zones flagged outdoor. Only Bolt type spells should require LoS.

Currently trees, buildings and even God damn hills are preventing us from casting spells.