Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Fire Giant

Tiggles, it was the second or third time in three days you had tried to troll me about the same thing, and you did it in OOC. You seemed unaware that any haste much faster than about 25% is equal to a raiding rogue at this point in the game. If you want to say you were aware and it was a grand social experiment in trolling and eliciting a response then that's fine man, tell the story however makes you feel better. This isn't RNF though, so go make a new thread there if you want to continue your weird obsession with me.

Hottbiscuits, there is also a server called "MySF Rev (GM Commands)" or something similar that you can get into VP safely in a few minutes. If you can't find it, let me know in game or PM and i'll get you the exact name.

When you make a character and log in, target yourself and
#setlevel 85
#setskill all 400

Then make a couple hotkeys:
/target yourself, #heal (i think the command is in the MOTD)

Do #findspell cazic. There will be something called "cazic touch II" on the list with a number. Make a macro that is #cast thatnumber. This hotkey will deathtouch anything you want for 500,000 damage. Even at 85 stuff will aggro you, so alternating F8 and that hotkey will keep killing all the trash that attacks you if it gets to be too much.

Now you're ready.

#zone veeshan

Once inside, immediately do
#invul on

You may also want to do #flymode 1 which will allow you to fly around the zone rather than walk. The mobs inside are untuned default versions of the revamped VP mobs, but they are all the same models as the original VP dragons and the architecture is the same as VP has always been. Happy exploring, this is a great way to learn and explore zones you're not familiar with before taking your main there.

edit: dang it guineapig beat me to it.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Yes but you remembered the server name, got the level cap right (unlike me) and actually listed a couple GM commands so it's not as if you didn't add more information. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Banned

shiftin, i think his intention was to bait you and he did a damn good job at it.

You need to relax, broseph. Don't take EQ so god damn seriously. At the end of the day it's just an emulated server of a game that barely anyone plays anymore. You should be here to have fun not brag, boast and get all emotional.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

the difference between a wrestling meet and eq is that when IB got to every mob faster and killed it more easily, transcendence rationalized we were cheating. Like, they couldn't comprehend how we could not be cheating. They then used this as an OK to begin cheating. (and still lose hoho)

I use transcendence because they have been exposed and are gone.. that is all.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Both guilds have their Hasbinbads and their Shiftins

Who are YOU?
Good lord... that's like choosing between Creed and Nickelback.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 07-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ektar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the difference between a wrestling meet and eq is that when IB got to every mob faster and killed it more easily, transcendence rationalized we were cheating. Like, they couldn't comprehend how we could not be cheating. They then used this as an OK to begin cheating. (and still lose hoho)

I use transcendence because they have been exposed and are gone.. that is all.
And thats bullshit reasoning, when we lost Trak and a minority of my guild started complaining about TR I was the first person along with the leadership to point out the main reason we lost was we had a lock of mobilization because some people left Traks lair when he was in window or could not get down to his lair.

It's no ones fault and we are still having growing pains and we will get trak again this weekend for sure. But blaming the opposing guild for being more prepared is ridiculousness.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

Shiftin: That's perfect! Thank you for all of the info [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'll try and work out out tonight, if I hit a snag I'll ask you. Much appreciated
Old 07-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shiftin: That's perfect! Thank you for all of the info [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'll try and work out out tonight, if I hit a snag I'll ask you. Much appreciated

I just tried it in the last hour. Couldn't connect with either the Titanium or SoD client. It's up, but there's 0 people logged in to the server, and I got a timeout error 1017(i think?) and never made it to char select.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Morrell Thule: The Resurrection has some GM commands including #level, #zone, #cast, and #summonitem (#search and #findspell are helpful here). There are a few problems with the server, though: Double attack and dual wield seem broken at the moment, so don't try fighting stuff. Pretty much everything is untuned and unpathed, but if you're looking to just explore a zone it's another possibility.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by quellren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just tried it in the last hour. Couldn't connect with either the Titanium or SoD client. It's up, but there's 0 people logged in to the server, and I got a timeout error 1017(i think?) and never made it to char select.
I've had brief periods where it didn't work for me. It's obviously not super reliable unforunately :/