Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 10:33 AM
Large Bat

Default Rollin on RED!

Left these servers a while back for the last eq expansion.

Currently sitting only ona 2x mage and 2x Ranger on blue server but would love to re-roll on Red.

That said, I know this server isnt gonna be very forgiving to new players .. BUT. Im willing to give it a shot. Im laid off all winter and will have high play time to level and whatnot.

So.. in comes the mandatory class choice!

Ranger : Cuz I have a 90 one on live and love the class..

Mage :

Chanter :

I have a fair amount of exp with the above classes and would be a great asset to any groups / guilds. IMO the hybrid penalty is a major drawback or Id prolly already have started.

Regardless, Im willing to roll any class that would score me some groups and once high enough a guild invite so I can start getting involved with this clusterfuck!

Gonna be fucking around on my Mage on Blue server ( Nero ) for a bit if anyone wants to shoot me a tell. Or PM me here if anyone is looking for a new player wiling to level fast.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Go ranger. Trust me.
edit: Best track. Best snare. Best SoW. Can heal and melee!? OP. Can attack at 200 range with arrows ? Can DoT to kill people after they zone? CHECK
And best of all... you can still claim first to 50 trophy!
Last edited by snaz; 01-22-2012 at 01:08 PM..
Old 01-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Kobold

Ranger...yeah well...happy grind...40% xp malus i believe....very happy grind.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Banned

For the sake of the server needing new blood.. go a pure caster. Going any sort of melee or hybrid(Other than sk) without a crew is going to tough and you'll probably just quit.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

Default --

Roll the enchanter. Just like a magician, you can do a lot with it PvE and they are good in PvP. And it will be a different style of play.

Hybrids are just not realistic on this server. While casters can solo levels in 3hrs basically anywhere, you will be at 5+ hours per level on low blues. If you start with friends, be prepared to be left far behind and feel useless. Unless you are in a big group, no one will want to duo with you and share the xp penalty. When it comes to actual PvP, the resist threshold is so high that you will be 2-3 shotted by casters while hoping that an arrow interrupts.

Class diversity may make for a more fun game, but there is no way around the fact that you do less damage than a caster at a slower rate while you have to kill 30% more mobs to level.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Play what you like man. Trouble is, if you pick something thats not solo oriented, you will want some leveling buddies.
Last edited by Dullah; 01-22-2012 at 05:35 PM..
Old 01-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Large Bat

Yea I rolled a Ranger named Warlain. I just cant get away from shoving sharp objects in my eyes! lol. Ive leveled half a dozen rangers to max on several live servers. Have on the 1999 blue but if Im gonna play on the EMU its gata be Red!

I rolled a chanter too named Jaks. I remember being pretty good as a chanter back in the velious era. locking down 6 mobs on a fucked up pull while we take em down one by one was so much fun.

The hybrid penalty is crap , bitched about it on the blue servers and gave up. Still dont see a reason for it.. oh well. The pop here would be twice as high without that hybrid tax and maybe a 10-15% exp gain boost.

Been trying to level a bit in Qeynos hills area but its hard to get anyone to toss me a buff. A DS goes a LOOONG way! lol If you see me in the noobie zones near there feel free to toss me some buffs please!

Not sure if our spells are nerfed on this server such as snare durations and whatnot. On live I know my ranger was fun to pvp with at 50.

Thanks for the replies though, Id like to start recommending this place to some people I know but wanted to see how the pop/ community is.
Last edited by Judge; 01-22-2012 at 08:07 PM..
Old 01-22-2012, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by compulsion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Roll the enchanter. Just like a magician, you can do a lot with it PvE and they are good in PvP. And it will be a different style of play.

Hybrids are just not realistic on this server. While casters can solo levels in 3hrs basically anywhere, you will be at 5+ hours per level on low blues. If you start with friends, be prepared to be left far behind and feel useless. Unless you are in a big group, no one will want to duo with you and share the xp penalty. When it comes to actual PvP, the resist threshold is so high that you will be 2-3 shotted by casters while hoping that an arrow interrupts.

Class diversity may make for a more fun game, but there is no way around the fact that you do less damage than a caster at a slower rate while you have to kill 30% more mobs to level.
Most of your points are ok. It is worthwhile to point out that you are incorrect regarding hybrid penalty being shared by the group. Yes, I like most everyone else thought this was the case all through live. It seems like the super blueb's from the blue server have figured out that we've always assumed wrong.

Having a hybrid in group should NOT lower the exp gain for everyone else. The ONLY thing the game cares about when it splits up the exp from a kill is the TOTAL AMOUNT of experience each member has accumulated since level 1. Obviously, at the same amount of total xp earned, a hybrid will be a lower level than a normal non-penalized class, but they will still get the same amount of exp per kill.

This post has details:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24405
Old 01-22-2012, 11:00 PM
Banned

hybrid or not xp sucks i just xpd in guk for 2 hours and got 1 yellow , we were chain pulling blues / evens + , one bad pull i died , lost 3.5 blues

talk about sad : (

as a penalty class? i couldnt do it
Old 01-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arillious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the sake of the server needing new blood.. go a pure caster. Going any sort of melee or hybrid(Other than sk) without a crew is going to tough and you'll probably just quit.
yep
Closed Thread