Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

its hella rare and this is a static server. if you main a bard what else is there for you to drop your plat on?
Old 04-20-2017, 12:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DOTB price is definitely headed much lower, imo. Probably closer to 100k in the next 6 months.
Necroing this thread to point out DOTB being advertised in EC for 130k now, about a 70k drop in 30 days.

Making a standing offer of 75k for DOTB. Come on down.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:10 PM
Banned

It will flux when epic offhand hits it will raise its less useful till then. If you are playing the ec game by all means enjoy but that is boring af.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:12 AM
Fire Giant

just curious, i never bothered with dotb but my bard stays perma at 55 and since no white scales/dragon guts ive never bothered to ask for any help in obtaining them as hes mostly a swarm bot, or spawn checker or general OOR bard to give people a headache in pvp. How much does this effect individual chants and occlusion if anyone has exact numbers? i know its obviously faster selos, but ive chased beast drum bards before, and it takes them a LONG time to get out of range of me, its like a 50 druid chasing a 60 druid with their respective level sows.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

There is a movement speed bonus cap. At 60, I believe there is no difference between using Selos or a Beast drum.

The difference is that your Selos increases each level. So a 55 Bard, with DoTB, might run as fast with a 60 Bard with Selos. I'm not sure. But theoretically you can cap your movement speed pre-60, I just don't know what level that is.

This spreadsheet allows you to put in instrument modifier and level, and it spits out the Dot, Reist, etc. damage

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...hl=en_US#gid=0) allows you to put in instrument
Old 05-02-2017, 01:39 AM
Planar Protector

Correct a bard hits speed cap with selos drum.

Drums of the beast's biggest advantage is that it can be used primary which allows you to use an offhand. Beyond that it has a superior mod on it for higher damage on chants and (more importantly) stronger ability to modify resists. Once epic mod works in offhand, it will be even better.

That said, I still consider it ridiculously priced. Rare or otherwise, there are simply not enough legitimate high level bard mains with sufficient desire for it to hold its price at this level. Bards without their epic shouldn't be dumping money on this - save for that epic first.

It will continue to drop in price.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 05-02-2017, 09:48 AM
Banned

The grand joke of all EQ is the illusion that gear matters - the entire point of the game is to get new gear right?!?!! Levels outweigh everything to the point where nothing else matters much. The only sh!t that actually changes game play are Regeneration, Haste, and Weapon... and the rest can be filled in with any kind of BS you can find and you'll be just fine due to buffs and levels.

I seriously leveled my Necromancer to 57 with 3/4ths of his gear slots completely empty. Z heart, Tolo robe, filled in the rest as I went along. He is actually getting pretty decently geared now due to PoG armor and picking up stuff while leveling (Hooded Black Cape, Dimadine Earrings, Supple Wrist, Book of Twilight, ect, ect).

But I digress - The only reason these drums are going at this price is mudflation and because there is literally nothing else to spend your money on as a bard (besides epic and click illusions)
Last edited by Spyder73; 05-02-2017 at 09:51 AM..
Old 05-02-2017, 12:16 PM
Banned

pretty sure drums of the beast selo's is faster

it's a pretty big deal on red because of this
Old 05-02-2017, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEWLGET [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pretty sure drums of the beast selo's is faster

it's a pretty big deal on red because of this
If this is true, this is a bug.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this is true, this is a bug.
The titanium client is not wired for 60 being max level so maybe there is something to this....
Closed Thread