Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 04:51 PM
Banned

Default The Crippling Bow (Halfling Warrior Tricks)

Title is not a typo. A long time ago when I was a wee leveling warrior camping an item in Rathe Mountains, I would entertain myself by fighting hill giants. I could only take 1 before being too bloodied for another, since I had no haste or regen item... This made getting adds a BIG problem.

One time, I got two giant adds. I started kiting them and hauling ass towards the Feerrott. The giant I had been fighting was down to about 20%, so I decided to bow-kite and see if I could take him down (as I had about 200 arrows).

My bowstring sang and the arrows plinked away at his hp. Slowly I wore him down.

UNTIL

Filbus scores a crippling blow (328)!

You may be aware, but if you aren't, you can get some NASTY crippling blows using your bow. Opt for a high damage slow delay bow (I use Bow of Underfoot, but this is hard to get - at the time I probably used a Runed Oak Bow).

This is little more than a gimmick, but it is hilarious to do. As long as your arrows last, you can use this method to fuck up any monster that doesn't have regen, allowing many levelling warriors to kill a monster which they may need to solo, but can't handle without buffs and outside support.

Let me also give a shout out to this technique while dueling. Many warriors I face in single combat don't have a bow on them, which gives me a huge advantage the entire duel, but even more so when I reach berserker rage. People's reactions are hilarious when you shoot them for 300+ damage.

I hope that you can find a small use for this trick, even if it's just once in your entire leveling career! Outside of dueling, I haven't had use for it again since my flight from those three giants (RIP) in Rathe Mountains, who discovered this little hobbit had a nasty surprise in store for them.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:06 PM
Sarnak

Ha-ha warrior ranger duo with tolans bracer. Cool story. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:58 PM
Fire Giant

I was able to solo half my seb key at 54 with a fungi, silken whip, spectral bow, and a quiver of arrows. I had a slow proc immediately, but it resisted. At 40% of my hp I landed a snare proc and then kited using my bow while regening. I'd switch back to melee when I went out of berserk for bow crips. It was a very satisfying adventure.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:15 PM
Fire Giant

Any tips for getting underfoot bow? I've put in about 40 hours grouped killing golems and haven't seen it.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:36 PM
Banned

Keep killing golems man. I did the hole for xp at least once a week from the levels of 48-58, killing every rock golem in our path. I didn't even know about the bow. It dropped for a group of mine while I was AFK taking a shit. So. Have patience
Old 09-09-2015, 07:37 PM
Fire Giant

After killing the hole for weeks from lv 49-59 at entrance, pit, temple, city, and docks golem after golem we decided to move up to the broken bars tunnel towards undead tower and Bow of the Underfoot dropped off a normal rock golem!
Old 09-10-2015, 12:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After killing the hole for weeks from lv 49-59 at entrance, pit, temple, city, and docks golem after golem we decided to move up to the broken bars tunnel towards undead tower and Bow of the Underfoot dropped off a normal rock golem!
Very interesting - as mine dropped in the tunnels on the way to undead tower as well! I wonder...
Closed Thread