Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 07:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Found two issues that can cause mobs to fall below world. Were they the problem? Dunno. Hope they patch soon.

H
How about the inability to stop the mobs as they're moving. When they're actively engaged, they should not continue to keep moving toward thurg. On live I remember being able to tie up several at once with melee until help arrived. That was not possible today.

Thanks for the potential fixes to the under-the-world problem.

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Old 08-28-2015, 07:40 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about the inability to stop the mobs as they're moving. When they're actively engaged, they should not continue to keep moving toward thurg. On live I remember being able to tie up several at once with melee until help arrived. That was not possible today.
Actively engaged, with person at top of hate list, in melee range?
Old 08-28-2015, 08:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep...seems like hate wipes (even in melee range - when I was actively popping them) and they turn and continue toward thurg. Or even when you've hit them a number of times, they don't engage you but keep moving.

The problem, on live if I remember properly (third wave especially) was keeping those healed who were keeping the giants on ice - from moving - while you focused the dps on them one at a time.

The problem here was getting the giants to realize that they were engaged initially - and to hold still after they were engaged. All of the DPS had to constantly break off and grab those who already had someone on 'em.

That's a very different mechanic and question and problem.

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Old 08-28-2015, 08:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
i stoped in his track 2 veterans (paladin) just by running up to them droping agro in both and even when i pulled out(no heals) they would summon up, was saved though by shaman slows and a omni cleric who healed me .

imo worked well the problem seems people was to much spread and trying to tank and spank em in the normal way wich never realy worked in the classic ring.

the same way u could not kite the waves away while u finished one by one . yes u can highsun em, wih worked in live , but it would not stop em from coming back . and killing u if u along the path.

abif failure aswell in the ring war was the poor use of the coldain troops. by own decision or mistakes they where not used to help.

aswell in some cases the coldain would not in dozing the nearby riffs.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:32 PM
Banned

Zerg
Old 08-28-2015, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i stoped in his track 2 veterans (paladin) just by running up to them droping agro in both and even when i pulled out(no heals) they would summon up, was saved though by shaman slows and a omni cleric who healed me .

imo worked well the problem seems people was to much spread and trying to tank and spank em in the normal way wich never realy worked in the classic ring.

the same way u could not kite the waves away while u finished one by one . yes u can highsun em, wih worked in live , but it would not stop em from coming back . and killing u if u along the path.

abif failure aswell in the ring war was the poor use of the coldain troops. by own decision or mistakes they where not used to help.

aswell in some cases the coldain would not in dozing the nearby riffs.
This is not accurate for every case. Were there some cases where mobs stayed the entire fight? Yes, otherwise we would have been destroyed by the first wave.

We are talking about roughly 20% of the mobs, particularly in the last wave, that would completely ignore being engaged. Anyone who frapsed for any length of time during the third wave will have ample footage of this occuring on multiple occurrences. 20% is by no means an exaggeration.
Old 08-29-2015, 03:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not accurate for every case. Were there some cases where mobs stayed the entire fight? Yes, otherwise we would have been destroyed by the first wave.

We are talking about roughly 20% of the mobs, particularly in the last wave, that would completely ignore being engaged. Anyone who frapsed for any length of time during the third wave will have ample footage of this occuring on multiple occurrences. 20% is by no means an exaggeration.
It seemed to be predominantly an issue in the 3rd wave from where I was (guarding Thurgadin) - when I/we engaged the giants, they wouldn't stop, they just kept running towards Thurgadin
Old 08-29-2015, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culkasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seemed to be predominantly an issue in the 3rd wave from where I was (guarding Thurgadin) - when I/we engaged the giants, they wouldn't stop, they just kept running towards Thurgadin
I'll also mention that it seems to have been more prevalent the closer they got to Thurg. In wave 3 the giants ran more than any other wave, but art their spawn points they We're static during fights more often than when they got to the dwarf archers.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:39 PM
Banned

Final wave was bugged -30 people running after a giant who, when engaged should stop... Instead they warped 30M ahead of those people chasing and vastly outpaced sow.

Dwarfs didn't engage too.
Last edited by Stormfists; 08-29-2015 at 02:43 PM..
Old 08-29-2015, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Haven't read thread so not sure if this was brought up but...is a ring war failure supposed to spawn Dain? Cause it did.