Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

Default USE THIS THREAD TO COMPLAIN.

theres about 5 or 6 threads going about people with problems. Considering that there have been DDoS issues recently, it might be a good idea to consolidate all issues to one thread so that Derubael can easily access all this information and conclude a resolution.

Mine is stuck at server select. Fresh titanium install.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:06 AM
Sarnak

Cannot connect from this ip address but don't have a problem from a nearby one which isn't consistent enough to play on. i am also unable to connect Shards of Dalaya emu sever. perhaps this explains something.
Last edited by Piff; 01-03-2014 at 04:16 PM..
Old 01-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Sarnak

still locked out.

curious if anyone else is still experiencing this problem.
i fear a simple router restart (which i have little control of in my situation) would solve the problem.

can anyone confirm or deny?
Old 01-04-2014, 06:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
still locked out.

curious if anyone else is still experiencing this problem.
i fear a simple router restart (which i have little control of in my situation) would solve the problem.

can anyone confirm or deny?
When in doubt, reboot.

If you're having issues connecting to anything EQEmu related or otherwise and not normal things, are you in college? They might have blocked the route? I have no idea, I hope you can attempt to reboot and come back and let us know if it worked or not.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Sarnak

plenty of reboots tried. i share a house split into two apartments in collegeland and share my downstair neighbor's internet. i'm hoping it isn't possible he actually blocked the route?

seems like i'm the only one still bothered with this problem. would really appreciate some help from people who can ensure it's my end that's fudged and not their's.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Sarnak

Not sure if you guys are having the same problem I have been (and a lot of others I've read about), but a lot of people noticed it started around when the server switched data centers. Might just be a coincidence, or it might be something they implemented around the same time to prevent DDOS's.

Either way, I get to where I can't log in at all on my main ISP. Basically, either no server select screen, time out, get in to character select and no characters, and the whole process starts over again. Mostly now, I can't get servers to show up at all on my main ISP.

That said, some people have success using different ISPs. I have to use 3G now (which is a total shit connection and too expensive to really justify playing a lot), but at least I can connect, so I know it isn't my computer. I don't know much about computers, and admin seems way to distracted by all of the raiding babies crying.

I really really hope one of these internet wizards on here manage to find a proper fix though.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

mine is working again.
much excite.

next bowl is for all my homies still wrestling with this troubling technical phenomena.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:46 PM
Kobold

Any Character on account 1 will load to character screen just fine. Selecting a character will cause the game to load and hang. It will hang so long it will punt to the log in screen.

Things I have done to resolve this issue:
1) reformat/ reinstall windows7 ( solid state HD's not so painfull)
2) reinstall eq
3) set core affinity to a single core
3) set run xp mode
4) ports 5997 to 5999 opened in router
5)windows firewall turned off
6) tried deleteing the character ui files as per rogeans sticky, they for the most part do not exist. sometimes i will get a (character)_project1999 file but deleteing it does no good.
7) I did have a GM many months ago move a character. To see if it was just stuck inbetween zones. The character then logged on but the next zone it was locked out again.

I can log on a second account perfectly fine, as well as any other server from the server list.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Banned

Post happend to me too but it fixed itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
theres about 5 or 6 threads going about people with problems. Considering that there have been DDoS issues recently, it might be a good idea to consolidate all issues to one thread so that Derubael can easily access all this information and conclude a resolution.

Mine is stuck at server select. Fresh titanium install.
when i recently reinstalled eq for red99 , replaced the correct files and had everything perfect but then i went to log on and eq wouldnt start up right. once i logged in an account/pw itd say error, OR jus turn black.
SAMEthing happend to my friend who did a fresh install n did everything right. yet, was unable to get on...

oddly what helped my situation was simply changing the pw to my account on eqemu i believe? then i logged in fine eachtime since..

my friend created a new account but couldnt get on. changed pw and still couldnt.
then he tries using his old account that was retired and wouldnt u guess... it friggin worked

gues i didnt really answer your problem but ur not totally boned, keep messin with it if you cant find help. i was blown away when mine randomly worked and heard that sweet sweet music

gl!

*ps, double check What internet ur cpu is Actully using. if its changed then that could also b ur problem but i bet u its a file problem, iv experienced that nonsense first hand >< *
Last edited by Butthead; 01-04-2014 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: check yo files/intErNet connection
Old 01-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Having 0 issues here which is a first, crap internet with a horrid laptop so it must be server side or regional.

hope you guys get it fixed soon though!

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H