Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 10:30 PM
Sarnak

seerver's name changed to infinity's edge...read the link posted above by mixxit
Old 04-17-2010, 01:11 AM
Sarnak

Why is this locked now tonight?
Old 11-29-2010, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

Anyone know of another eqemu server that is similar to what this server was like? I had a blast running around classic content with 4 bots just playing around in KC and velks lab. I think this server just had kunark and velious enabled and you could use 4 bots at a time. Another then that I think everything was pretty much classic (even tho having 4 bots is so far from classic.) Anyway, if anyone knows if a eqemu server with 0 or just a few expansions enabled that allows you to use multiple bots, please reply or shoot me a tell. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] thank you
Old 11-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone know of another eqemu server that is similar to what this server was like? I had a blast running around classic content with 4 bots just playing around in KC and velks lab. I think this server just had kunark and velious enabled and you could use 4 bots at a time. Another then that I think everything was pretty much classic (even tho having 4 bots is so far from classic.) Anyway, if anyone knows if a eqemu server with 0 or just a few expansions enabled that allows you to use multiple bots, please reply or shoot me a tell. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] thank you
Just keep in mind:
Having only classic zones enabled does not necessarily make the content classic. You have to look at the quests and loot that are being dropped in these zones as well. Every bit of text, every item drop has been customized to try and replicate classic era EQ on this server. I only know of one other emu server where this has been attempted and that project has been in limbo forever.

If you are missing classic quests, if NPCs just sit there in silence when you hail them, if you are neting a blue per kill on blue con mobs, if trash mobs are dropping Defiant armor... then it's not a classic server.

If you're okay with this then there are probably plenty of options for you out there. Also, if you are just planning on running around with bots anyway, then it doesn't matter what server you play on, you can just avoid the new zones and don't go to PoP or Luclin.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you like getting .1 of a blue per kill? damn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
YES.

Makes that ding so much more gratifying.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

I'm still waiting on the server that will emulate p1999, as It was in 2009.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm still waiting on the server that will emulate p1999, as It was in 2009.
When that comes out I'm totally doing tumpy tonics till 50 with stackable kiola nuts so I can be farming Seafuries on day 2 with no competition.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Sarnak

Yea I'm just looking for a server that allows multiple bots and doesn't have those made up items like ez server does.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I'm just looking for a server that allows multiple bots and doesn't have those made up items like ez server does.
I was surpised that I actually posted on page 4 of this thread. I got to reading it and forgot totally that I had ever posted in it. So I looked at the last page and saw your comment. I think that I should post again...

Due to some of my recent thinking I actually sympathize a small amount with you. I've found that when I solo I have time for other things alongside eq. For example, I can work on a hobby or clean the house or cook something without worrying about group members that need my attention. When you're solo, you can go afk when you want and plan ahead and play at your own pace. This has a big benefit. When I was playing DDO I also found that I could fully immerse myself when I was alone by taking my time when I was reading the quest and finding my way around. I could go at the pace I felt comfortable with. I didn't feel rushed. The only downside to all of it was that eventually I wanted to group with others because one reason I play MMOs is to play with others. The problem is that the moment I joined groups I lost the ability to play at my own pace and 'take in the scenery'. I felt rushed and to make a long(er) story short, it greatly discouraged me. That combined with the micro-transaction BS led me to leave the game so that I could focus on other things than complaining.

I still think single player rpgs are the holy grail if flexibility is what you're looking for. Not only can you pause them or save them (mostly at any time) you can also customize them with mods to mold them to your desires. They're the perfect getaway from life that won't ask too much of you. You can actually respond to your wife when she asks you what you're doing now. You can help with a mess one of the kids made. You don't have to ninja afk anymore. You don't have to worry about other players. You can worry about yourself, and ultimately, it's a far better compromise for people who do not want to be consumed by the game.

I've been tickled by the idea of rolling a necro so that I can do my hobby and play eq at same time. It's possible to do this with my other alts (other classes), but they're not nearly as convenient or optimized for this arrangement as necros. With a necro I can feign death even. That's like having a pause button.

How is all of this similar to what you say here? Well, I think that in some part of you you're discouraged by the demands other players make. You want to play the game at your pace and not be rushed by others. You also want to see what the whole game has to offer. By botting you're able to do that. Granted, your style of play is a lot more involved than mine. I am becoming very chummy with the idea that I can leave hte game at any time mostly when I"m soloing. If i was bottin I don't think it would be nearly as easy to leave when I want, but I can understand how botting would let someone do group content at their own pace and how that might benefit.

I just think that single player games do that best. I'm not being mean when I say this. I actually understand where you're coming from. I just don't think that every game should be this way. If a community of players want a game to consume them and to make it hard to have a life outside that also demands things of them, then I believe they should be granted their wish. If I want a game that allows me to build between two worlds and not feel too torn, then I should be allowed to as well. I just don't feel that every game has to offer the same goodies. It's a heck of a lot easier to load up oblivion and some mods anyway. And as I already stated, the game as it's here at project1999 may not be the best, but at least it offers some ability to solo.

I think hte real weakness of this game is that it has predefined classes. What I'd like to do is customize my class. Lets say I'm a cleric and I want feign death. In exchange for it I limit myself to chain armour rather than plate. That's a fair trade, right? Lets say I also want better direct damage spells. In exchange for that I lose a equal amount in my AE spell lineup. Fair trade, you say? I think so. Furthermore, I want the Spirit of Wolf spell. This is an entirely different spell line. The question is, what would be hte cost? Well, if the customization tool allows me to select ONE spell from the lineup, then that would reduce the cost somewhat. I'd also have to pay a cost to gain access to that line of spells so that I could use that one. How substantial? That depends on the judgment of the developers. My guess is that I would take a hit to one of my spell lines OR I'd have to pick and choose other things about my cleric to lose in favor of the Spirit of Wolf spell. This might seem much ado about nothing because we already have necro's, but I don't like how they smell and look. My opinion.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 11-30-2010 at 04:21 PM..
Closed Thread