Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2011, 02:54 AM
Banned

Default Blacksmithing experience

First, I didnt search for any thread already started and if its not on the first page, Im not gonna necro a thread =) And since there is not a crafting subforum to discuss this, youre stuck with it in general =D Anyhow, I decided to get smithing up a bit to make some banded and maybe some cash along the way. I looked through some guides and I started out at 0 skill, 500 plat, and being bound in NFP near the smithy person.

Alot of the guides I read (including google searched ones and the wiki for p99) are off on their trivials they have listed from what I experienced the last few hours. It made to be a pain in the ass at times. Skewers that are stated to be trivial at 115 were trivial to me at 63. Same result with pots that were spose to trival at 122. Small sewing kits were trivial at 63 as well, and those being contrainers, I couldnt put the one I made into my bags, so it got dropped on the ground =P Banded gorgets trivialed for me at 92, cloaks at 103ish (was clicking and not watching exactly when it went trivial) and at 115, every single peice of banded armor was trivial to me. Intentional or not in game trivials, the guides are a bit off on the hardest banded peice trivializing at 168.

I also did not notice the sheets of metal for sell from the merchant for 1p6g, so I was making my own sheets of metal from 2 small bricks (i made 3 full 8 slot bags of these btw). I filled my bags and was so overweight I was stuck in place. I remember back in the day on live, you could still move if overweigth if you had sow. Being a druid, I resow'd and was on my way! I was overweight in the 800 range too, over 68. Except you dont have to do that, cuz the mold merchant sells the sheets of metal. I just didnt feel like looking for that specific merchant until I was forced to for my molds. Sheets of metal = trivial waste of time at 63 skill.

My run down on smithing was to get the skill highest with minimal changes in items as I went along. Making an item to get 8-10 skill points wasnt worth it to me when I can go to the next one in line and get 20 or so. Anyhow, my flow through smithing to 115 skill is this:

0-18
Metal bits (trivial @ 18, but I also made them until I had 2 full 8 slot bags)

18 to 63
Lanterns (these did not trivial out at 63 for me)

63 to 92
Banded Gorgets, I had alot of failures until about 75, then it was mostly success

92 to 103
Banded peices, (gloves, shoulders trivial) I made helms and mantles, with a few cloaks tossed in.

103 to 115
I mixed banded leggings and tunics here. Made 16 leggings and switched to the tunic molds. At 112, I switched back to leggings and they were trivial, but they may have trivialed out earlier than that. 115 is when the tunic mold went trivial.

At this time, I have 253p left from selling back all of the peices I made except for one full set of banded armor. I also made a helm peice for some barbarian who tipped 25p. I was pretty happy at that cuz I only asked for 4p for it, as it was the first one I made on the first try at skill 95ish. And that was my experience getting back into crafting in EQ1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by zianlo1; 03-03-2011 at 02:58 AM..