Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by etplante [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As baalzy said, pet agro here is not classic. There have been several threads to try to illustrate this without any noticeable change. So necros have adapted to agro kiting. It's not really a solution for indoor zones but at least it works well when you've got open spaces.
Been agro kiting since Orig eq came out. Isn't something new to us.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Agro kiting used to take a little more then just looking at the mob in classic dude.

In live I would send my pet and lead with dooming darkness, having dooming land before my pet got to the target and the pet would take agro until i then cast at least boil blood on the mob.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 05-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Kobold

Definitely sounds like you just aren't using the right tactics.

1 shot of darkness, sick pet and agro kite. Reapply darkness before it drops. You don't need any other dots, its a waste of mana. Keep dark pact up on you and you should be soloing yellows with ease.

Fear isn't mana efficient even with the ability to sit. Just go explore. Most of the spots people suggest on this board are going to be common solo spots and are likely to be camped. Just go any place with mobs around your level and agro kite them. Necros are very very powerful if you are using the right techniques.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:09 PM
Aviak

I didn't say agro kiting is new. The difference here is it's pretty much your only option at certain levels. Particularly the lower levels when fear and root aren't available / practical.

It should take more than a 1 or 2 spells to turn a mob onto you to the point where you can drag it all over zone with pet beating on it until dead but never taking back agro. It actually makes agro kiting a fantastic, mana efficient strategy but reduces the options when it's necessary for pet to keep agro and tank for you. That's not what I remember as classic and not what the classic necro guides seem to indicate.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agro kiting used to take a little more then just looking at the mob in classic dude.

In live I would send my pet and lead with dooming darkness, having dooming land before my pet got to the target and the pet would take agro until i then cast at least boil blood on the mob.
Thats what the "Taunt" button on your pet display is for. To turn it off!
Old 05-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

1) Duh, but taunt wouldn't work unless you were fighting a mob lower level than you anyways (until taunt gets patched, sometime in velious i believe, to work on mobs above your level)
2) I WANTED my pet to take agro for a little bit
3) It's not working like this on P99 the way it was on classic

Shadey, you've been posting a lot in the 3 days you've been here but you seem to be failing to grasp a fundamental aspect of this server. The fact that it's supposed to be emulating how EverQuest WAS, not how it is.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 05-13-2011, 03:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) Duh, but taunt wouldn't work unless you were fighting a mob lower level than you anyways (until taunt gets patched, sometime in velious i believe, to work on mobs above your level)
2) I WANTED my pet to take agro for a little bit
3) It's not working like this on P99 the way it was on classic

Shadey, you've been posting a lot in the 3 days you've been here but you seem to be failing to grasp a fundamental aspect of this server. The fact that it's supposed to be emulating how EverQuest WAS, not how it is.
Been here a lil bit more then 3 days. But not much. And I played from the start of eq up till it was completely ruined. So I do remember the "Classic" eq and it is what I've always preferred. So I'm not quoting how it is. I'm quoting how it "was" for me during this time. And agro/fear kiting was a staple for me.

Oh and i've not been on EQ1 live since Depths of Darkhallow first came out. That expac is what did it in for me for good. So I have no idea how it "is" currently. I'm sure much worse then when I left. LOL
Last edited by Shadey; 05-13-2011 at 03:24 PM..
Old 05-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heavily camped is an understatement and at your lvl you'd be stuck at zoneline for the most part unless you get a full group with some a bit above you in lvl. I tried Kurns and with all the new players on Ikky chars it was just too busy for me. I got better xp soloing down in the pit kiting along the wall then in Kurns.
Zoneline area isn't really bad though. When I was there, I was never running around looking for a mob. People are always around, but spawns are fast and plenty. I did spend a lot of time in the basement early on since I wasn't KOS to the burnyais. You'll be KOS if you kill one so you gotta be careful, but the skelly's down there are interspersed and easy to aggro or fear kite.

I think I did 11-18 in 2 nights playing in Kurns, made good cash for that level, and got 2 bags full of bone chips. Can't really ask for more.
Chyop Suey
Old 05-13-2011, 09:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

As an Shadow Knight, I can give you my soling path (as if an SK can solo it, a Necro surely can)

On classic, Kunark was what did the trick..I spent a lot of time in OT, then I moved on to LOIO and it was all about fear kiting for me. The wide open spaces in OT and LOIO were perfect for it, and there was never any shortage of places to work from.

In fact once I got to Kunark, I did not leave again till I got to L46 (and could join raids) and it was mostly solo. In the later levels I hung out in places like BW, FoB, and EJ.

I also did a LOT of soloing in later levies ..INSIDE Kaesora, as well as the entrance to Chardok, and the entrance to Sebelis, hell I soloed all of Kunark that could be soloed (spent a LONG time obtaining the Greenmist..by long time think..Dark Elf..DE who got a Geenmist.)

LOL I spent a LOT of time collecting bone chips and visiting the guards outside Cabilis.

anyway..long story short..Kunark is where its at for soloing. get yourself to Over There and don't go back.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polixenes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As you are already in Faydwer, perhaps try Steamfont over by the entrance to the Mines. I did very well there soloing a mage at that level. Tons of mobs which you can pull to the wall to fight safely.
Definitely. Even try the minotaurs in the cave, but watch out for the roaming Minotaur Lord, he hurts!
Closed Thread