Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 03:53 PM
Fire Giant

Default Cleric epic-pearlescent shards

Hi, I was looking into the cleric epic quest on the wiki page and did not see any mention of having to get the shards, as if you just skip the parts involving them. It seems that you turn in the shimmering pearl and then go after zordaks heart and you move on. Is this correct or am I just overlooking it?
Old 04-26-2015, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Pearlescent shards were added in 2002 to resolve the ragefire issue.

That version of the quest you get a 4 slot container from Ragefire in Sol B, which you fill with shards, combine, turn into NPC in Skyfire and kill Zordak in Skyfire.

The version P99 has, you get the pearl from turning in the note to Natasha in TD. This Pearl you turn into Ragefire in Sol B (in Naggys Lair). Then you kill Zordak and get his heart.

P99 never will require the farming of the 4 pearlescent shards on this server. Instead you have to camp Ragefire in Sol B for days.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:01 PM
Fire Giant

Ah I see. I was curious why it had no mention because I remember people complaining they never dropped. But thank you for information!
Old 04-26-2015, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Yep this server will never have the pearlescent shard collect version.

But it does have the huge roadblock of Ragefire. In most cases Ragefire gets a pearl turned into him within 5 seconds of him spawning (he can spawn anywhere from 0-24 hours after prior death.. More like 0-32 from what I've seen though.). The devs didn't think too much when they gave him an exclusive armor set that's great for bards and has unique clicked and a few solid tank pieces.... Then lock it behind an epic mob. That plus the tradeable gear he drops makes him permafarmed for his loot.

I still don't know which I hate more. I absolutely despised collecting those 4 shards from Skyfire trash. But I also despise staring at a wall hoping for a mob to spawn.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:03 PM
Fire Giant

Aww, that really is sucky. I guess I better start clearing a few days out of my calendar lol. I'm a bit low level to be worrying about my epic but epics are one huge reason why I loved kunark so it's important to me that I get it. I have gimblox's ring at the moment and from I understand I can actually skip plasmatic and begurgle by turning in with someone else who is turning in the robe?
Is that true?
Closed Thread