Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Kobold

mages will out lvl a necro any day, if you arent, your playing the mage wrong.

necros have a ton of sick skills at 50+ (fd, rez, heals, all kinds of shit) but ultimately your doing the exact same thing as a mage in a raid: giving your mana to healers and pressing pet attack. any necro who tries to glorify their class and say this isnt true is in a deep state of denial.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mages will out lvl a necro any day, if you arent, your playing the mage wrong.

necros have a ton of sick skills at 50+ (fd, rez, heals, all kinds of shit) but ultimately your doing the exact same thing as a mage in a raid: giving your mana to healers and pressing pet attack. any necro who tries to glorify their class and say this isnt true is in a deep state of denial.
Raids? Yes. Groups? Necros add crazy utility while played correctly.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Raids? Yes. Groups? Necros add crazy utility while played correctly.
the only reason youd group as a mage or necro is if your wanting to be lazy, in which case your point has 0 validity.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the only reason youd group as a mage or necro is if your wanting to be lazy, in which case your point has 0 validity.
Or you're bored and tired of soloing.

Soloing is boring as fuck.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or you're bored and tired of soloing.

Soloing is boring as heck.
This. IMO grouping and being part of a team is what makes the game fun for me. I really want to try a necro out but I'm going to group as much as possible. Yes this will slow down my xp rate but who cares? The game is supposed to be fun.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

I'm surprised no one has mentioned a shaman yet.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
not...really? in groups i feel like i work twice as hard. mezzing, mana battery, snare, pet management, etc. that's why i don't like to group. i like to be lazy.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Fire Giant

Necros that know how to play well in a group are incredible and can fill many roles, plus keep the party going no matter what's happening.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necros that know how to play well in a group are incredible and can fill many roles, plus keep the party going no matter what's happening.
While that's very true, it's largely because the necro could, i most cases, solo the same camp as the group is occupying.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandorean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While that's very true, it's largely because the necro could, i most cases, solo the same camp as the group is occupying.
Pretty much, lol

I remember some thread where people were talking about how they don't want necros in their groups, and then someone was like "What the hell? A necro can solo most of those camps, then invite 5 random classes and call it a group." and it's pretty much true.