Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I installed options 3-12 and at least one of them overwrote my controls back to default. Which option does this??
The resolution window/fullscreen one. It modifies the .ini file, which is where keybindings are stored.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Large Rat

Thank you very much! It worked and I can see my spells again! And was so easy! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Works great.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:40 AM
Sarnak

None of my spell descriptions work, is that affected by this installer or is that a separate file that got messed up?

All I really want is the titanium UI with 1x10 hotbars.. this installer revamped my default UI and gave me 2x5 and now iduno what to do
Old 03-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoochio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of my spell descriptions work, is that affected by this installer or is that a separate file that got messed up?

All I really want is the titanium UI with 1x10 hotbars.. this installer revamped my default UI and gave me 2x5 and now iduno what to do
Thats a new "feature" implemented with Kunarkon P99. It affects all UI's and has to do with the server files not any UI files. In short.. it is how everyone is now, regardless of UI or configuration.

I dont know if this was done intentionally by developers or if its a bug.

P99 uses unique UI files, so unless a UI was ported specifically for p99 it will not work. My installer has default/velious/duxaui's in it, all 3 work with p99. Beyond those 3 UIs you will either have to look for a ported UI or port it yourself by coding the LUA files.

As far as spells go. Default and Velious UI's use larger spell gems, (thats just how it used to be), so the newer spell gems will not work with them, unless modified, which is not an easy task, you have to open up the Targa files and edit them. Thats why when using non classic spell gems with Velious or Default UI's the actual spell gems are classic but the book icons are the new ones (whichever ones you picked), also the buffs/debuffs are new ones since those are all the same size.

DuxaUI is compatible with all sets of gems, newer UI's will also be compatible (as long as they dont use the old format of spell gems, which so far I havent seen any that do).

So basically to get a 1x10 hotbar, you will either have to port one, or find one thats already ported for p99, and to use Titanium spell gems you will have to use non default non velious UI, unless you port the gems.
Last edited by Chrushev; 03-15-2011 at 01:21 PM..
Old 03-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Kobold

When I ran this to set up, I set it for 1920x1200 and windowed. When I ran the installer again, I set it for full screen and 1920 res, and it runs in full screen, but it's certainly not 1920 res, more like 1024. Does 1920 not work for full screen?
Old 03-15-2011, 08:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by vossiewulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I ran this to set up, I set it for 1920x1200 and windowed. When I ran the installer again, I set it for full screen and 1920 res, and it runs in full screen, but it's certainly not 1920 res, more like 1024. Does 1920 not work for full screen?
Which part are you at? Are you at the loading/title screen? Those are at set resolutions, so the monitor will adjust to those. But in the actual Game (where its 3d) it will be 1920. Its just the way the game is made.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:06 PM
Kobold

Yes, thanks, I finally figured that out. For some reason I didn't notice in windowed mode that the initial window is smaller.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Skeleton

+1 for the sticky
Old 03-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

You sir have made my day. Ive spent a month trying to figure out how to get my spell's to actually show the effects. Well they work now! Good Job.