Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-28-2024, 09:21 AM
Banned

They don't.

I got sandals/slippers. Socks sometimes. Sometimes both at once. I'm not allowed to have strings.
Old 03-28-2024, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're just two entirely different beasts.

I liked them both for what they were...but for Chob to say top end raiders would never make it in EQ yet EQ players could raid top end WoW is just completely backwards. Raided for 5+ years on P99 and killed every boss in WoW in top end progression guilds from Day 1 Vanilla through end of WotLK...the only "difficult" thing about P99 is the insane amount of man hours to compete.

Its hard to imagine how some P99ers even tie their shoes in the morning.
The legit insane people are the guild/raid leaders. The highest level raiding I did was in Elder Scrolls Online, for one specific score-push group I was in. The amount of shit I had to prepare was crazy and I had comparatively little responsibility as a full-parse DPS, mainly do damage and don't die. The tanks/healers and support DPS had a ton of stuff to coordinate and our raid leader pouring over the logs and trying to optimize the shit out of every last trash pull to shave a few seconds off our time was nuts. Like I was a top-end, top 1% DPS but I had a tiny fraction of the amount of knowledge he had about the game.
Old 03-28-2024, 11:13 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also never played WoW but as I recall it the timing of events was really the main draw. While EQ wasn't the first it was by far the largest MMO of its time with a relatively massive player base dedicating countless hours of their life over several years.

Then in quick succession you had both EQ2 and WoW dropping in November of 2004. At that point given the massive multiplayer component and its importance in this style of gameplay players were left with a choice...

1) Stick to existing EQ but take a huge step back due to server attrition and lose a bunch of people you enjoy playing with. There was largely an expectation that all dev work would migrate to EQ2 and that EQ would be left to die.
2) Start fresh on EQ2 which didn't really seem to have anything new or exciting to draw players into it was basically viewed as a new expansion except you lose your characters and gear.
3) Try WoW which was a completely different scratch built MMO, it was built off the beloved warcraft franchise which most people that were into EQ enjoyed, and its more cartoonish look had even more mass appeal to less hardcore gamers or casuals.

Sitting on the sidelines looking at your options WoW was a clear winner as it just had more mass appeal for a larger player base and from there the rest followed. I choose the uncommon option 4 of walking away from MMOs altogether for 20 years
I remember waiting for EQ2 over WoW, as I felt WoW looked so childish.
End the end I quit EQ2 after a month, and later ended up playing WoW for 6ish years. Had a blast in that time, from casual non raiding. Enjoyed PvP, wasn't a fan of the arena when it came later. Into casual raiding, and later hardmode raiding. And even enjoyed achievement hunting.

I didn't quit out of hate or anger of how the game changed over time, I just got bored with it. The only negative I really ever had was how the arena pvp, destroyed battlegrounds. As all the best / overpowered PvP gear came out of arena play, and you would get smashed in battlegrounds without it. And those with it, were pretty much unkillable.
Old 03-28-2024, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love internet posts that self-aggrandize beneath a veil of conversation.

Top end WoW raiders (modern day) wouldn't make it to raid level in EQ is the point you missed in your haste to dickwave. And pretty much all of WoW's Vanilla raiders learnt their trade in EQ....and many of them no longer play.

But feel free to elucidate on your interwebz exploits, I'm sure somebody is impressed.
bro are you kidding me

you can count the number of mechanics in an eq raid on 1 finger

even the FIRST wow raid had more than 1 mechanic, let alone anything after that

EQ is literally braindead simulator in terms of difficulty

99% of what you do in this game is auto attack or press 1 button on a 10 second cooldown.

in classic wow you still had a 1button rotation but atleast you couldnt actually literally stand there auto attacking like in eq
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-28-2024, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The legit insane people are the guild/raid leaders. The highest level raiding I did was in Elder Scrolls Online, for one specific score-push group I was in. The amount of shit I had to prepare was crazy and I had comparatively little responsibility as a full-parse DPS, mainly do damage and don't die. The tanks/healers and support DPS had a ton of stuff to coordinate and our raid leader pouring over the logs and trying to optimize the shit out of every last trash pull to shave a few seconds off our time was nuts. Like I was a top-end, top 1% DPS but I had a tiny fraction of the amount of knowledge he had about the game.
Yeah I still have nightmares about the amount of consumables we had to farm for Loatheb / Sapph / KT progress in vanilla. It felt like a 2nd job.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bro are you kidding me

you can count the number of mechanics in an eq raid on 1 finger

even the FIRST wow raid had more than 1 mechanic, let alone anything after that

EQ is literally braindead simulator in terms of difficulty

99% of what you do in this game is auto attack or press 1 button on a 10 second cooldown.

in classic wow you still had a 1button rotation but atleast you couldnt actually literally stand there auto attacking like in eq
But which is better?

Quote:
Eberron 60 Erudite Enchanter
Enjamin 60 Erudite Cleric
Yxarus 60 Iksar Warrior Retired
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Old 03-28-2024, 10:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But which is better?
Dude is fully immersed and probably never touched a mythic wow raid in its prime.
Old 03-29-2024, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude is fully immersed and probably never touched a mythic wow raid in its prime.
if anything enji is the opposite of immersed

+enji scepter
Old 04-02-2024, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But which is better?

To be fair, the first 5 60s in that list were 60 before I tried wow. After trying wow every other character I have is only above level 5 because I either bought a powerlevel or was able to afk level at drusellas camp. After playing wow, I realized how actually brain dead easy eq is and demoted it to an afk cookie clicker game that I play while I do other stuff.
I mean you can literally farm bis loot, mountains of plat and all by putting in like 5% effort on this game

And yes I have never done a mythic raid. But I've gotten as high as gladiator in shadowlands and have been getting elite / duelist since in arena and this season I'm nearly 3k Rio in M+

Raiding is just the most unfun game mode sry
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Last edited by enjchanter; 04-02-2024 at 01:02 PM..
Old 04-02-2024, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if anything enji is the opposite of immersed

+enji scepter
My favorite thing about grinding dkp at scepter was I was actually earning MORE dkp then the ppl at the raids cuz I got all the credit for the kill + 1 extra dkp for killing gragnar once per hour [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No parking, no mobilizing, no joining comms, don't even have to interact with your game client more than once an hour and I'm out earning them all
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Seliel 60 Human Rogue