Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchisarik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am new to the server, everything seems so expensive I am wondering how I will advance. I wanted to buy a +4 int robe in EC the other day and the guy wanted 500pp.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how a new player can make some coin?

TIA
New to the server? Need some startup pp?

See the Baron
Old 08-19-2012, 10:41 PM
Aviak

What my characters did was start hunting wisps at level 8 or 9. In the case of my necro, I made a mage to summon daggers so his skelly could hit the wisps. In the case of my druid a Jaggedpine Crook was an easy quest to get a magic weapon. My shammy was a barbarian so he was able to get that necklace that summons a magic hammer. I'm assuming you know about the turn in the greater lightstones for concordance of research quest. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=374 or http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=303
Last edited by Grumble; 08-19-2012 at 10:43 PM..
Old 08-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Aviak

lol I was just at sisters and there were no less than 5 people (yes five) in line
Old 08-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah. as others have stated, focus on leveling and getting enough money to buy all of your spells. Spells for casters are far more important than gear and it always sucks to be missing spells when you level up. At low level, +mana items help far more that +int. It's not for a while that this starts to shift.
There are also some nice quests which you could do to get some items to help you and also some zones which have creatures that could drop some nice low level items. I had cloth and junky gear for a long time. I hit Qeynos in the Aqueducts to get two Gold stud earrings (+3 int each) off of a simple quest (Cubert).
Have fun! It looks like you found a good camp to make some plat off of. Try to also get out and have fun grouping in different zones too.
-----------------------
Old 08-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

1. reroll as a melee
2. be a poorfag forever, unloved and unwelcome in groups because all the other melees are absurdly overgeared monk/rogue twinks of L55+ casters
3. ????
4. profit
Old 08-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagglebaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New to the server? Need some startup pp?

See the Baron
^ good dude right there.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growlers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ good dude right there.
Definitely. Though for a true noob, even 100 plat will completely change their gaming experience. How big a PITA is it to buy the first few level of spells/something other than a Rusty Long Sword.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

Nybright sisters 12-19, Gargoyle Island in OOT (drogs garg eyes at 10pp a pop)19-24, sisters island in oot until 33-34, Paw until things are light blue, then you can do Specs till high 40's then from there Seafuries. All this should net you plat while you lvl. But for best results I would worry about gaining levels. If you level up, the money will come.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

I got an extra green silken drape if you need one . PM me
52 Monk Happytime
Old 08-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Kobold

Any alternate recommendations for money/xp at 25+? I don't really want to destroy my faction at Sister island.
Closed Thread