Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 10:44 AM
Aviak

Default How to make some PP

I am new to the server, everything seems so expensive I am wondering how I will advance. I wanted to buy a +4 int robe in EC the other day and the guy wanted 500pp.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how a new player can make some coin?

TIA
Old 08-18-2012, 10:47 AM
Kobold

lightstone quest, sell bonechips..
Old 08-18-2012, 10:59 AM
Sarnak

The seller was an idiot. Advisor robes usually go for 150-200pp tops. I can toss you one for free if we happen to be on at the same time.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The seller was an idiot. Advisor robes usually go for 150-200pp tops. I can toss you one for free if we happen to be on at the same time.
^ this also the only early gear you should invest in is cheap +hp items. Int doesn't boost mana pool significantly for awhile so your better off farming your own gear and saving for spells
Old 08-18-2012, 11:07 AM
Aviak

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...ng_Money_Guide

This is a great guide, helped me make my first K
Old 08-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by godbox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ this also the only early gear you should invest in is cheap +hp items. Int doesn't boost mana pool significantly for awhile so your better off farming your own gear and saving for spells
Repeat this over and over until you're not frustrated anymore about not having gear. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As a caster, gear doesn't really make you more powerful (with very few, very expensive exceptions). Your spells are your spells whether you're wearing a full set of cloth or 750k of god and dragon loot. If you had twice as much mana, you'd be able to kill twice as many mobs before going OOM, but then you'd have twice as long to med back to full. It evens out. (And I'm not saying to ignore your mana pool completely, just that it doesn't matter much at low levels)

+HP gear helps a bit by giving you a bigger cushion to take hits, but taking hits generally shouldn't be part of your strategy, so it's not necessary by any means.

My advice would be to focus on leveling, and snatch up any good gear you see offered at a low price. Don't waste your money on low-end gear that only gives you +2 int or something that you'll replace in another ten levels. Use the wiki (these lists are great) to compare gear and plan out your purchases in advance, rather than just buying what's for sale in the tunnel on any given day.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

If you want a cheap robe, go for the Green Silken Drape. The wiki claims its 3 int and 50p. Looks like a newb robe of course.

#1 gear for all characters is a pair of Platinum Fire Wedding Rings (10AC/110HP) which will run you 500p although I generally sell them at cost to new players.

Best thing to do though is just to level up; you'll progress way more from leveling than getting gear (as any class) and then the pp will flow.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:11 AM
Sarnak

Highly recommend, farming the Nybright sisters in Lesser Faydark from 12-19, they drop bronze weapons which sell from 2-4plat each. You should be able to bank a significant amount of plat during that time, buy all your spells through 50, and have enough cash to fill some slots with gear.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Aviak

When I first came to the server, the way I saved up to begin to get out of banded and into at least mid-level stat gear was by soloing highkeep guards for many levels in the 30s. There's like 3 floors of them so you won't run out of guards to kill. They drop fine steel every time which sells for like 5pp a pop. Great experience as well. Prior to that I think I did mammoths in everfrost in the mid-20s which as I remember were decent loot as well.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Aviak

thanks, great advice. I am at sisters as we speak and just made 10PP on my first sell run, which is more than I have earned on my own in my first 15 levels combines I am pretty sure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread