Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 04:45 AM
Fire Giant

Bizarre. Longer term members of a guild can put in enough time being peons for raids time and again that after a certain threshold, they don't even have to show up for loot. The noobs of the guild will funnel it to them. With a pyramid scheme like this going on, the guild should rebrand to Mary Kay.

OP, if a guild doesn't have a website with rules that all members are to follow that also includes raid expectations and loot rules, it ain't a guild that's ready to raid. If it does and you can't be assed to read them, well.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Longer term members of a guild can put in enough time being peons for raids time and again that after a certain threshold, they don't even have to show up for loot. The noobs of the guild will funnel it to them. With a pyramid scheme like this going on, the guild should rebrand to Mary Kay.
This is exactly what I seen with my eyes firsthand in a "casual" raid guild and that is exactly what made me quit it and to never set foot in another raid guild.

That being said, another option is joining a guild that actually does pure /ran rolls for anyone that attends the raid who can use the loot. I believe some guilds do this on p99? Had you been in one of these guilds, being the only bard there you would automatically have gotten the scale if I understand their rule sets correctly.

There are a few different options regarding how guilds hand loot out from raids. As mentioned above, don't assume things run fairly in a guild regarding loots just because you read how much people love the guild and how it's "casual" and the second coming of Christ regarding guilds on P99. You will be sorely disappointed if you expect fair loot distribution in many of the p99 guilds.

Over time I went from pushing toons to 50+ joining guilds and wanting to "advance" my characters with better loots via a guild and raiding to understanding that to do this you have to play a certain way and fit into a certain style of play often losing your autonomy in the process.

I readjusted my thinking, stopped joining guilds, and I just do what part of p99 I like, and that is leveling up solo or in groups and not worrying about top tier pixels and the drama you have to deal with in a guild. For some, it's fun. For some they are willing to deal with dramas and guild bullshit for dragon pixels. For others, it's simply not worth it and for those people we don't join raid guilds.

TL;DR

The game is great! However, what you find is even on p99 especially the higher you go the people turn out to be just as shitty as they are on other games, especially as you start seeing high worth items dropping on raids. You really see the greediness.

Some guilds do /ran rolls on equippable loots for those who attend raids. Look into joining one of these guilds.

Do not join a loot council neckbeard shithole guild OR a shithole pyramid scheme loot guild which uses it's new members as slaves to funnel all the loots to their longtime neckbeards that are more interested in gearing their 6th alt than to help new guild members who are trying to gear their main that just joined the guild recently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I join discord, I communicate, I set up what is needed. The guild whipes 5 times before defeating Vox (For various miscalculations) and I stick it through being the only bard there. They link the loot and confirm a white scale dropped.

"Alright guys I'm set up, I'm standing here playing mana song. I haven't started my epic yet, and most of you don't know me because you haven't seen me at many guild events but, shotgun white scale!"

tldr: scale went to active (60) bard working on epic.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:06 AM
Fire Giant

sounds like OP did ya'll a favor
Old 01-18-2018, 10:28 AM
Kobold

You seriously think you deserve a white scale on your first raid at lvl 48?
Old 01-18-2018, 10:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not, he attended...unlike the guy who won it (at least not on his bard)
sounds like the bard was playing a 52 alt for vox. this is common practice in raiding guilds.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:40 AM
Banned

someone tell the green scale story
Old 01-18-2018, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

>started on p99 May2016
>got to lvl 60 + epic(cleric) around 6 months later
>did a Cazic Thule raid with guild
>failed at 1-2% because to stupid/unlucky
>around 12-18 Aftermath assholes showed up and kill stealed Cazic Thule at 2%
>took a break for over 9 months from EQ
>2 week after I came back, my guild was raiding Cazic Thule again
>Cazic Thule was at 2%
>around 12-18 Aftermath assholes showed up
>we won!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

@OP

As you see, raiding can be on many levels ugly on P99. But in my opinion a bit of bullshit is needed on P99, to keep the 1999 nostalgia up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It wouldn't be EverQuest if it would be to easy.

Hope ya know what I am trying to say.

P.S.
So far Ive meet only nice people from Aftermath (except the 2x 12-18 assholes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ), I just hate their guilds, thats all. Paradox, I know.

xoxo

(sorry about my english)
Old 01-18-2018, 11:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A level 48 Bard on his first raid does not deserve to roll against a level 60 Bard who is actually doing his epic. If you don't understand why they I suggest you climb back into whatever Euro dumpster you are living in and shut the lid
Gotta agree with this. Plenty of lvl 60 bards who raided for over a year before getting scale
Old 01-18-2018, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
>started on p99 May2016
>got to lvl 60 + epic(cleric) around 6 months later
>did a Cazic Thule raid with guild
>failed at 1-2% because to stupid/unlucky
>around 12-18 Aftermath assholes showed up and kill stealed Cazic Thule at 2%
>took a break for over 9 months from EQ

>2 week after I came back, my guild was raiding Cazic Thule again
>Cazic Thule was at 2%
>around 12-18 Aftermath assholes showed up
>we won!
Is the first item in bold what led directly to the second item in bold?

If so, that's awesome.