Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 11:29 AM
Sarnak

Also @OP, most people play level 52 alts or guild toons for Naggy and Vox because their main is 60 and can't participate in the fight. It may have appeared some random unattending bard was gifted scales, but not even Dolj or Venerate would do that.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the first item in bold what led directly to the second item in bold?

If so, that's awesome.
I dont really remember anymore. It might was the trigger, but I think I wanted a break anyway.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the first item in bold what led directly to the second item in bold?

If so, that's awesome.
Poor guy.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol @ a brand new "raiding" level 48 bard expecting a 350k item to be awarded by a guild
This.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-18-2018, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not, he attended...unlike the guy who won it (at least not on his bard)
Exactly. ^

As you see, the typical attitude of the neckbeards on this server is the newer guild member who actively attended the raid on his main should not get a raid item even when he was the only one on the class that could use the item.

Instead it should go to someone's 5-6th alt who's been in the guild forever, because they "deserve" it. These are pixels remember.

This discourages newer players from wanting to be part of the raid scene, btw. Of course our greedy neckbeard guilds don't care about that.

Sick fucks need help tbh.

OP, consider this: Join Aftermath or Awakened if you really want to raid. Ignore all the hate on these two guilds, mostly it's one throwing insults at the other due to their competing for dragons head to head.

Honestly I hear less complaints by members of AM/AW regarding loots. The only bad thing with these two guilds is they seem to get banned frequently now and that's not fun. Regarding loot though, I personally know two different people in AW, both have nothing bad to say about the guild they enjoy it.

I have run across more disgruntled players who have tried "casual raid" guilds, all because of what you experienced in your guild. I too seen what you seen and became quite bitter and unhappy while trying to fit in with my "casual" raid guild. I stuck it out for 3 months before saying fuck it and left never to join another raid guild again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly. ^
are you intentionally being a dumbass? 99% likelihood the bard was on an alt helping
Old 01-18-2018, 12:10 PM
Fire Giant

Lhance the bard was probly on an alt as stated before. Random noob shows up on raid and expects to get item for bis quest over an established member. Thats just not how it works. Also, a 48 bard is pretty useless outside of naggy/vox

Also, def get lvl 60 and join a/a if you want loot. Casual guilds always have these jacked up loot systems where as the big guilds are dkp based so you get back what you put in
Old 01-18-2018, 12:14 PM
Banned

leveling past 52 as a bard means losing access to half the white scale mobs in the game, if you believe in Swish/Lhance ethics

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-18-2018, 12:21 PM
Kobold

Bards sing songs right like I have seen them singing several times and it can be a song that hurts something but it can also be a song that makes them run faster and I know they really like running because this one time in the Overthere there was a bard just running and running around not killing anything it seemed, in fact there were like 30 or more creatures from sarnak people to chicken things to sentient cacti following this guy around the zone and he obviously is in the level range to be there to get exp but it was like he was trying his best to just avoid a fight with these things and some people around the ramp to the skyfire mountains were getting irritated because they were hoping some of those things would stop chasing the bard and pay attention to them and they weren't but bards are really good at running and it would be fun if there was a 'trip' skill for all classes that they could use when a bard with a big following of creatures ran by they could push that hotbutton and make the bard 'fall down' (get rooted) for a few seconds and give the things a chance to catch up to him and then they could all be like 'hey you be trippin!' and laugh but the really weird thing is when they sing songs and run around and do this in east commons too and take every creature in the zone away from people trying to kill things and it makes me wonder if they do that because they sat under the first torch in the tunnel for too long and they finally snapped after seeing so many people selling the same things over and over and probably wondering why no one will offer an awesome ogre shaman an epic mq for 20k and then they just snap and go on a rampage although I'm not sure you can call it a rampage so much when all they do is run and sing but don't actually kill anything but it doesn't change the fact that john q human monk is sitting at the first inn away from Freeport wondering where all the decaying skeletons are which makes him wonder about them more not knowing that they are chasing some bard and they key in on the 'decaying' part of decaying skeleton and wonder if the skeleton is decaying and wanders around for awhile without anyone killing it maybe it just fully decays and withers away into nothing and maybe that's why they can't find anything to kill which probably confuses them more about the game. I like to sing
Old 01-18-2018, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

That wall of text hurt my soul