Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 09:43 PM
Aviak

Default Are we hindering newcomers with our generosity?

I don’t know about everyone else, but I often find myself with extra pieces of loot lying around. In the past I have found myself donating this loot to newer players that are not necessarily searching for handouts but could obviously use the upgrade. Lately though I have been wondering to myself if I am doing them an injustice by handing them such easily obtained gear, if I am somehow robbing from them the experience of the long hard road that is leveling up from having nothing in Everquest. After all, starting from the bottom and building your character , at least for me, is a large part of what makes me proud of the character I have in the end.

I guess I just wanted the community’s opinion and seeing how barren these forums seem to be lately maybe start a new topic of discussion.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:46 PM
Planar Protector

Nope, it's hard enough as it is to level and get gear. When I started someone gave my baby monk a robe of dalnir and two fighting batons. I thought it was the shit and motivated me to keep playing.

Continue being such a wonderful pillar of the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:49 PM
Kobold

I find it best to shower obvious new players in gifts then goad them into playing more lest they squander me generous bounty.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

I think most newcomers would welcome the gifts and it innfact makes them feel welcome. Hell I had players who ended up being friends with and grouping with when they got high level that started from one of these rando gifts.

Some people obviously want the personal journey(look at als guild ) and could easily and politely decline your gift.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

I can spot a true noob a mile away generally I will throw them 100-300p and gear if someone has given it to me for a Port tip.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 02-27-2018, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Considering the difficulty of EQ to a true new player I'd be very surprised for someone to be upset by getting a little gift (which is the virtual equivalent to spare pocket change) to help them out.

It's a social game, making friends and asking/giving help is part of the game in EQ.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:23 PM
Skeleton

Hodor
Old 02-27-2018, 10:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hodor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hodor
Old 02-27-2018, 10:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Hodor
Closed Thread