Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 12:24 AM
Sarnak

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BTW Kavious - my apologies; i assumed you were the troll in question but I understand you are not.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was on the receiving end of that. That was Friday fun fest with Lickity. He came back on Saturday and continued to give me crap about not killing every mob in camp. Then he came in upper pits and started pulling my mobs even if I was starting to cast on them (he would use a faster casting spell to get aggro before mine landed).

I don't know what his problem is. I like the upper pits cause all mobs can be pulled 2 at a time. So I kill the two bears near ramp, then I kill the wolf and spider in the hall behind me, then I kill the wolf and two spiders by the ladder. After that I med up and the two bears I started with re-popped.

So basically I kill everything except the three wolves in that back room. I didn't think that was a big deal. I get 8 kills per round with minimal risk. I didn't realize I was committing a cardinal sin by not engaging those last three wolves. So now I have been trying a few different techniques to speed up the kills (even if I take a few half exp by letting a pet fully kill a mob). I almost got it down. I can kill them all but then I am like 20m when the first two mobs re-pop and I need to sit and med a bit before I can engage them.

So if I can just get a little quicker then lickity cant say jack to me for mobs in the camp.

As a fellow druid that frequents perma bear pits and have seen you down there, you're fine, ignore the troll.

Those 3 wolves in the back room, the "middle" one closest to the rock, will not agro if you charm the far right wolf. Upon charming the far right wolf, the far left wolf will agro giving you another set of 2.

I typically leave the third near the rock untouched as it has weird LoS issues until pulled.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was on the receiving end of that. That was Friday fun fest with Lickity. He came back on Saturday and continued to give me crap about not killing every mob in camp. Then he came in upper pits and started pulling my mobs even if I was starting to cast on them (he would use a faster casting spell to get aggro before mine landed).

I don't know what his problem is. I like the upper pits cause all mobs can be pulled 2 at a time. So I kill the two bears near ramp, then I kill the wolf and spider in the hall behind me, then I kill the wolf and two spiders by the ladder. After that I med up and the two bears I started with re-popped.

So basically I kill everything except the three wolves in that back room. I didn't think that was a big deal. I get 8 kills per round with minimal risk. I didn't realize I was committing a cardinal sin by not engaging those last three wolves. So now I have been trying a few different techniques to speed up the kills (even if I take a few half exp by letting a pet fully kill a mob). I almost got it down. I can kill them all but then I am like 20m when the first two mobs re-pop and I need to sit and med a bit before I can engage them.

So if I can just get a little quicker then lickity cant say jack to me for mobs in the camp.
You don't need to justify your actions. The other guy was clearly in the wrong based on the available information. He seems like a massive twat waffle. Sorry you had that experience.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:02 PM
Large Rat

Okay guys, it's done: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...=1#post2711085

Part of me feels bad, but the fact that this guy keeps fucking with people put me over the edge. He needs to be stopped. Or at least, you know, prescribed medication.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysmoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay guys, it's done: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...=1#post2711085

Part of me feels bad, but the fact that this guy keeps fucking with people put me over the edge. He needs to be stopped. Or at least, you know, prescribed medication.
Holy crap, I read all that and can't help but think this kid is nuts. When he came to upper pits and was stealing my mobs the bottom pit camp was open and he knew it. He just likes being a jerk for some reason. He walked up to me once on Sunday and said something about pulling the whole zone and referred to me as "big guy". I don't know why his guild puts up with him. Surely they have gotten complaints. He came whining to an officer in my guild but they had already seen the messages and knew what was up.

Anyway, I held upper pits all day Friday, Saturday & Sunday. I refused to let him bully me off my camp. So the only time he got to hunt there this weekend was post midnight when I went to bed. I dinged 56 & 57 this weekend and that includes 3 unrezzed deaths.

I got the camp down now. I changed tactics a bit and now I kill 9 mobs every time where before I was doing 7. So Lickity in an insane twist of fate did me a favor by getting me to re-consider my tactics and I get more XP per hour now.

If he ever reads that I'm sure it will make his blood boil to know he helped me out when he seems to hate me so much. LOL
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 05-22-2018, 01:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Someone send him a /tell and say he's all over RnF. I gotta see his response.

Please, please, please?
Old 05-22-2018, 02:53 PM
Sarnak

Sounds like a permafrost bear pits party is in order! 500plat to the first one to get him to melt down!
Old 05-22-2018, 05:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like a permafrost bear pits party is in order! 500plat to the first one to get him to melt down!
Wow, so your basically going to hand 500 plat to whoever shows up to the bear pits when he's there... easy pay day. I'm in.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, so your basically going to hand 500 plat to whoever shows up to the bear pits when he's there... easy pay day. I'm in.
Ts;Dr
Old 05-22-2018, 06:51 PM
Fire Giant

I would pay 500pp to see a jakerees vs lickity fight tbh
Closed Thread