Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 02:50 PM
Kobold

Default What do you guys think about a serverwide chat channel?

I was on r99 for awhile and switched over to blue but one of the biggest things I miss is the serverwide chat channel. I think one of the hardest things to do on this server is form a PUG outside of one of the major leveling hotspots. Idk, i've always thought that having a serverwide chat channel would be a huge quality of life improvement for many players. I guess that hardest thing to do would be to moderate it though, I definitely wouldnt want any /auction of any kind because that would kill EC tunnel and the potential to troll would be massive so it would need moderation. What do you guys think ?
Old 01-11-2018, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

While I like the idea, the thing about server chat is that it doesn't take much for a few idiots to ruin it for everyone, and when everyone is 1k+ people (which almost certainly includes "a few idiots") that means the idea is almost dead before it starts unfortunately.

Also, it's not classic (Red "gets away with" several unclassic things because of it's low population/viability as a server).

Edit: Just had a thought: what might be cool/possible is some other way of finding pickup groups, like a pickup group forum where people could post "40 Paladin, on until 7pm EST tonight" or something. Or like a wiki page where you edit a list of "currently LFG people" (although I'd be afraid that people wouldn't take themselves off afterwards). Or even a "Find a pickup group/LFG person" site.

Not a project I have the energy for, but someone might.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-11-2018 at 02:58 PM..
Old 01-11-2018, 02:55 PM
Kobold

A bunch of morons will post racist/homophobic/meme garbage and ruin it for everyone within minutes of a global chat being implemented. I don't know why it is, but global chat on every game I've played brings out the worst in people.

Personally I think it's perfect as is, and in tradition of being as classic as possible, global chat will never be a thing on Blue.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Or have a general chat, then specific chats, or user created chats. Like on the Live servers chat. Plus ability to mute it.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or have a general chat, then specific chats, or user created chats. Like on the Live servers chat. Plus ability to mute it.
Something like that would be cool but I still think that would kill EC tunnel with auction channels. 1 general channel would mean the ability to moderate it
Old 01-11-2018, 03:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A bunch of morons will post racist/homophobic/meme garbage and ruin it for everyone within minutes of a global chat being implemented.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit: Just had a thought: what might be cool/possible is some other way of finding pickup groups, like a pickup group forum where people could post "40 Paladin, on until 7pm EST tonight" or something. Or like a wiki page where you edit a list of "currently LFG people" (although I'd be afraid that people wouldn't take themselves off afterwards). Or even a "Find a pickup group/LFG person" site.
This. Have wondered why there is no LFG [at the moment or in the future] section of the forum.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDrake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. Have wondered why there is no LFG [at the moment or in the future] section of the forum.
There is the p99 discord if you are looking for a 'right now' LFG tool, but yeah it's kinda sparse at times.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDrake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shit! That's a stellar idea! My main thing for the general channel is trying to find PUG's for off the beaten path places or "55 cleric bored and down for whatever". Something like that would be really cool or even like a general/lfg channel with chat restrictions implemented automatically that just allows 1 sentence such as "30 mnk lfg antonica"
Old 01-11-2018, 03:10 PM
Banned

Lol what a fay gate
Last edited by Lulz~Sect; 01-11-2018 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: lame
Closed Thread