Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 02:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is an EMU server, Rules are as they dictate them. This does not have to be classic. There are a ton of modern issues with online gaming today that would not be covered by 'classic rules'.

FURTHERMORE... People with these joke names were a novalty back in the day. It was uncommon to find people with silly joking names. On modern mmo's it's an epidemic and everyone with these joke names think they're original and funny.

SO you want to bring up classic? These joke names are NOT classic. Especially on the epidemic scale they've been on p99.
This. And to the previous poster, name enforcement was pure classic. And to an even earlier post, yes pulling you out of a group and zone was also classic. I had an Ogre warrior in the kunark era pulled out of a LGuk group and summoned by a GM to discuss his name. I fully acknowledged that Arserammer was not acceptable and I would accept any punishment given. For that, my Ogre warrior was forever known as Arflower from that day forward.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:45 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I fully acknowledged that Arserammer was not acceptable and I would accept any punishment given.
LOL. My buddy had his name Sodomizer forcibly changed when we were playing WAR.
Sometimes you just gotta expect it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-10-2018, 02:51 PM
Kobold

All of The Second Sons guild will be fucked by this. Most have names related to GoT.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of The Second Sons guild will be fucked by this. Most have names related to GoT.
I've been calling for this since their initial Guild Discussion post. Thank the lord.

I gladly offer up any of my names which are in violation as a sacrifice to the great god of Immersion.

REPENT, YE SINNERS
Old 02-10-2018, 02:57 PM
Fire Giant

good good finally we can get the guild BDA name change since they have been breaking the rules since day 1

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 02-10-2018, 02:59 PM
Banned

Once, when I was raiding VP with BDA, I petitioned the name of a Taken member. A Gm showed up immediately and changed their name.

Then Taken all petitioned a BDA member with name violation. GM came back and changed his name, too. BDA got pretty mad at me for petitioning in the first place, but I was just glad that we'd gotten rid of 2 violation-birds with 1 petition-stone
Old 02-10-2018, 03:00 PM
Kobold

So many butts will be hurt by this, its glorious.

We're reaching levels of immersion previously thought to be impossible!!
Old 02-10-2018, 03:01 PM
Aviak

<Kittens Who Say Meow> a bad meme making fun of <Knights Who Say Ni> needs to go

as well as the name spacepope

fair enforcement please
Old 02-10-2018, 03:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So many butts will be hurt by this, its glorious.

We're reaching levels of immersion previously thought to be impossible!!
How long until gms are overwhelmed by petitions and stop caring. Also how many characters is this going to force into an early retirement?
Old 02-10-2018, 03:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomance22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<Kittens Who Say Meow> a bad meme making fun of <Knights Who Say Ni> needs to go

as well as the name spacepope

fair enforcement please
Agreed.

DELET
Closed Thread