Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Default FTE Raid Change

1. Trackers cannot get FTE. The person attaining FTE must not have been in zone when the mob spawned basically (for purposes of enforcing this rule as it seems easy enough to check in-zone when spawned, and not so easy to check WHERE)

This will reduce the jav-spam for outdoor dragons and make the race more about your pullers / trackers coordination, and less about automating your ranged attack.

It will shift to people camping out their pullers in zone and having them coordinate with the tracker who tails the mob to update them on the dragons location in their pathing. Which seems to me to be more competitive than 1 dude spamming a jav.

2. Outdoor Dragons can spawn anywhere along their pathing nodes. Not just at one fixed point.

Adds a random element to it, and is likely very classic. But impossible to prove that they didn't have static points. Makes it so that tracking is actual tracking. Not face tracking.

I've yet to hear why these are bad changes to the current rule set?
Old 05-28-2014, 02:33 PM
Kobold

You going to code #2?
Old 05-28-2014, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Plenty of mobs spawn in the way in suggesting in #2. I don't imagine it would be very difficult to add. It's like... 4 mobs for that specific one.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think 1 changes that much you have a ranger tracking and puller camped at spawn point. Becomes fastest login instead of fastest jav. I like the change in # 2, but this doesn't effect many if the mobs.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

baby steps Supaskillz......baby steps...

anything is better than dragons being tagged in fractions of a mili second
Old 05-28-2014, 02:46 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
baby steps Supaskillz......baby steps...

anything is better than dragons being tagged in fractions of a mili second
In that case, I propose that the FTE character cannot exist before engaging a dragon. It must be created and then run to the dragon before engaging for their guild.
Last edited by Knots; 05-28-2014 at 03:01 PM..
Old 05-28-2014, 03:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knots [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In that case, I propose that the FTE character cannot exist before engaging a dragon. It must be created and then run to the dragon before engaging for their guild.
It should probably be guild-tagged also :P
Old 05-28-2014, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

#1 Yes please.

#2 Meh. Not a big fan of a ranger/bard monopoly here. Can deal with it tho.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Daldaen, I used to think like you. Then I realized that fixing the Kunark raid scene on a mob by mob basis is fundamentally impossible. The mobs are simply too easy, so the "competition" will revolve around silly things like who jav spams, who poopsocks, who camps out, who has an SSD to log in fast, who is fastest at scrolling through the tracking list, who levels the most ranger alts, whatever.

There are only three legitimate ways to fix the Kunark raid scene:
  • Spawn targets via simultaneous repops only. At this point the competition becomes about moving around as quickly as possible and killing the minimum of trash.
  • Increase mob hp by 2-4x, to the point where 30 idiots can't buy 20k of resist gear and faceroll their keyboards for 60 seconds successfully. In other words, the Velious expansion.
  • Enable PVP

Unfortunately Nilbog will never allow deliberately non-classic changes, and EQ PVP is pretty bad, so we are left with repops. And the repops we have are great, although I think we have only had 1 in the past month? The reality is the raid scene for Class R guilds has massively improved over the past 4 months. Of course now we have Doljo* to drag us back into the FTE hell <shrug>
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Last edited by Splorf22; 05-28-2014 at 03:31 PM..
Old 05-28-2014, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

Both changes have been suggested before, and both would help ameliorate the issues we currently face.

Nothing will permanently fix the raiding environment, but we can make it more palatable.
Closed Thread