Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 03:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nydan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just found out about it yesterday. Pledged $250. Some of us make significantly more money than we did in 1999 and would be happy to pledge but aren't around gaming much anymore. It's a small miracle I heard about it. I hope they are doing something to try and get the word out to very part time gamers like me.

I haven't played a single MMO other than EQ for more than about a month before getting bored and quitting. Looking forward to this.

Going to install project99 for the first time once I get moved in a week or so. I heard a Pantheon guild was created. I would love to join it.
Do a /who all pantheon in game and ask a member for invite. We would be glad to have you!
Gakruk - Troll Shaman
Old 02-04-2014, 03:45 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks Eldaran. I will. Just have to find a place to live and get my computer out of storage. Actually, what am I thinking, my windows tablet will probably run the game just fine. Ok, I will look for a copy of classic EQ after jui jitsu tonight.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nydan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks Eldaran. I will. Just have to find a place to live and get my computer out of storage. Actually, what am I thinking, my windows tablet will probably run the game just fine. Ok, I will look for a copy of classic EQ after jui jitsu tonight.
You need Titanium.

If you are not into piracy, someone has a copy on eBay:

http://bit.ly/1c0CxSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:39 PM
Sarnak

so found another good comparison project -- actually an MMO with a 1 million goal, pathfinder online, so I like this one as a comparison point.

They funded on the last day with a 221k(!!) closing day.

Their average daily pledges for the first 46 days was about 15.4k (compared to pantheon now at 13.6k/day). They averaged 94.7K over the last 4 days.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If we look at the other 2 example projects I used earlier in the thread

The Mandate: 36.3K/day over last 4 days vs 9.9k/day for rest of project

Godus (converted to USD): 70.4K/day for last 4 days vs 22.2k/day for rest of project.

The point is that pretty much all projects get a major (and I mean really major) uptick in funds right at the end. It's no guarantee Pantheon will fund. Pantheon is trending behind where all three of these projects were at this point in time (although not by a lot) which is a little concerning, but all three of these projects comfortably beat their goals.
<Azure Guard>

Green
-Curare, Necromancer
Old 02-06-2014, 01:49 PM
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rsTmjTUGug
Old 02-06-2014, 04:35 PM
Kobold

I prefer P99, because P99 doesn't constantly move the goal post, it stays the same.

Commercial stuff, on other hand, has to constantly come up with expansions, which means quitting leaves you behind or having to learn a lot of new stuff. I don't want to learn new game stuff.

I'll only pledge if they promise to keep a classic server.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

if only kunark and velious items scaled the same stat-wise as classic items..
Old 02-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by beentheredonethat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I prefer P99, because P99 doesn't constantly move the goal post, it stays the same.

Commercial stuff, on other hand, has to constantly come up with expansions, which means quitting leaves you behind or having to learn a lot of new stuff. I don't want to learn new game stuff.
IIRC Brad talked about this very issue and said that they plan keeping their itemization from succoming to MUDflation.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grozmok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IIRC Brad talked about this very issue and said that they plan keeping their itemization from succoming to MUDflation.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I should check out their KS page then. It's not just items though, it's the whole world changing. Some people need world changing to keep them interested, but someone like me needs it to stay the same. It's whats great about P1999, it won't go past velious, so that goal post will never move. It seems like just leaving one server in perma classic would be simple, but I don't see anyone doing it, so who knows.

I played WoW at some point. A million expansions later, I gave up, way too much to keep track of. EQ... that went down hill long ago as Kunark/Velious were the glory days. Diablo... that's inflation bonanza too.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by beentheredonethat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I should check out their KS page then. It's not just items though, it's the whole world changing. Some people need world changing to keep them interested, but someone like me needs it to stay the same. It's whats great about P1999, it won't go past velious, so that goal post will never move. It seems like just leaving one server in perma classic would be simple, but I don't see anyone doing it, so who knows.

I played WoW at some point. A million expansions later, I gave up, way too much to keep track of. EQ... that went down hill long ago as Kunark/Velious were the glory days. Diablo... that's inflation bonanza too.
Nilbog said custom content is a possibility when he has velious fine tuned the way he wants it.

I agree, keeping a server classic would be a good idea. If for no other reason than to keep a copy (so it's possible to make more years down the line.) I also hope he/they keep records of what changes go in when and the code to go with it. I'm not sure how the auto launcher would work that way, may have to have a seperate one, like EQ1 did for Test.
Closed Thread