Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 08:01 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabamf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ways to know that you are competing with someone else:

(1)They tell you
(2)You are raiding in classic EQ
except it's 11 years later, it does not make any senses anymore (no glory in killing that stuff anymore, it's all figured out). Most of us are here because of the nostalgia and just want to kill some old bosses together. Some other people , unfortunatly, are from pvp server and want to experience pvp again; or even worse, want everyone to aknowledge they're EQ133tPr0 even if it ruins other people experience.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:06 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Knocking someone's reasons for being here?

Pretentious much?
Old 02-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Knocking someone's reasons for being here?

Pretentious much?
no not really, i know that for a fact, lot of players come from pvp servers and really want to pvp (they said it)

As for the eq133tpr0 thing, just read some post around or read /ooc , you'll see how pathetic they look when they say everyone else are noobs. (geez they looks like cs 13year old players)

What would be a real hypothesis you might consider pretentious is that i think some of them somehow failed at being good at something IRL and saw a second chance when p1999 opened because they were probably bragging around during these last 5-9 years about how hard eq was and how good they were at it.

But that would be pretentious so nevermind.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Banned

Don't quit your day job, Freud.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:34 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfighter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of us are here because of the nostalgia and just want to kill some old bosses together.
Amazing how many people just dont get this.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:01 AM
Large Bat

Honestly, Why argue about it?
We all have our own agenda here, some are here to compete with others at the bleeding edge of the server this is what we consider nostalgia.
Sadly I just got here and need to play catch up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] .
People can call that elitism but its just another form of fun.
This game was really competitive and hard back in the old days. (Unless I was just 15 and thought it was?) That is what every MMO has been missing since EQ. Challenge, Competition and Drama. And that is what I'm here for.

If you are here to sit back and enjoy some old nostalgic boss killing noone is going to stop you or make fun of you for that. Jusy fall behind the curve and away from the bleeding edge a bit to avoid that drama.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alprazolam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is what every MMO has been missing since EQ. Challenge, Competition and Drama.
Competition = Training, Leap frogging, petitioning and acting like your 12?

I never seen this much drama in classic, maybe cause I wasn't on a PvP server?
Old 02-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Banned

If you didn't see this much drama you weren't in a guild competing for anything.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you didn't see this much drama you weren't in a guild competing for anything.
I was in Blood of Ro on solusek ro. We had what people call respect for the other guilds on the server and they had respect for ours. Try it...
Old 02-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Large Bat

I don't agree with Training
I don't have anything against Leap Frogging, though i would never do it myself. (That is if you mean moving Guild to Guild to get what you need to advance) Its just how some people get ahead and it is sadly a mechanic IRL as well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
And I despise acting like your 12, yeeuk I even hated being 12...

As for the drama it seems about the same. We just took it out on people in game instead of a forum lol.
Closed Thread