Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are you guys just trying to have the attitude of someone from 1999 and think that its ok to use words like that?

Is there some secret club/inside joke that I'm not aware of?

Do you wear pillowcases on your heads when you meet?

It really is sad.

Your kids are going to find these posts one day and be like holy shit my dad was an asshole, FYI.

/eom
Gotta choose your battles man. Internet forums have a similar effect observed in that famous Stanford Prison Experiment psychology study. Basically, if people can and will be as douchey as they want if unchecked, or in the case of the internet if everything is anonymous.

As long as it stays in rants and flames, just ignore it or opt out. If it is in other forums, just report them. If you play on the red server, there can be heated competition (unlike blue) so in some sense, I think, the language is fine. In sports/competition when things get heated, no big deal if teammates/opponents say fag, gay, or whatever. The terms are still derogatory in modern language, especially among young angst-ridden males (predominately P1999).

Don't take things too seriously from anonymous people on the internet. They are probably nice(r) people in real life, or suppress it enough to blend into polite communities. Sure the language can be juvenile... but most people playing P1999 never really grew up... that's why we are playing a dorky game from 1999 our parents had the common sense to prohibit us from sitting in front of 6 hours a day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Come on guys, we all like classic eq! who cares if you like boys girls or whatever, none of us are ever going to get laid again anyway.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] dude... quit being a fag and go get laid
Old 06-26-2014, 12:39 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toehammer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gotta choose your battles man. Internet forums have a similar effect observed in that famous Stanford Prison Experiment psychology study. Basically, if people can and will be as douchey as they want if unchecked, or in the case of the internet if everything is anonymous.

As long as it stays in rants and flames, just ignore it or opt out. If it is in other forums, just report them. If you play on the red server, there can be heated competition (unlike blue) so in some sense, I think, the language is fine. In sports/competition when things get heated, no big deal if teammates/opponents say fag, gay, or whatever. The terms are still derogatory in modern language, especially among young angst-ridden males (predominately P1999).

Don't take things too seriously from anonymous people on the internet. They are probably nice(r) people in real life, or suppress it enough to blend into polite communities. Sure the language can be juvenile... but most people playing P1999 never really grew up... that's why we are playing a dorky game from 1999 our parents had the common sense to prohibit us from sitting in front of 6 hours a day...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] dude... quit being a fag and go get laid
You guys need to take a stroll to the Darktide Asherons Call server. Prepare to get affected.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ever quest is gay as fuck.

/popcorn
Old 06-26-2014, 12:50 PM
Banned

op is a fgt
Old 06-26-2014, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

We just hate them there really isn't anything more to it
Old 06-26-2014, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeianoite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys need to take a stroll to the Darktide Asherons Call server. Prepare to get affected.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ever quest is gay as fuck.

/popcorn
Just FYI, I was just trying to give the OP a polite version of "stop being a fag."

It is sorta gay to complain about homophobia. Anyone who gets upset about language is sorta faggy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IFloXOuLgA
Old 06-26-2014, 01:49 PM
Banned

Haha tohammer you are so funny i watch all your standup!

Oh wait, you are nothing but a regular looser in thier home at a computer insulting someone to feel better about yourself all while building your philosophical guidelines out of a fucking stand up comedians bit?

I dont need anyone here's advice on how I should be more liberal with my use of the N word on the internet and should just get over it.

I just wanted to ask why you people were such loosers. Maybe hoping that there were some people that would make me feel like there were other nice people in this community.

And you all came riding in on a fleet of steeds on a rainbow bridge proving how perfectly worthless you are.

I was wrong to assume the community based around a hobbyist mod of a 15 year old game would be an awesome one.

One day your children will read this shit you post here, and you and them will be horribly embarrassed.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

I dont need anyone here's advice on how I should be more liberal with my use of the N word on the internet and should just get over it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NAUgCm-3Tc
Old 06-26-2014, 02:02 PM
Banned

Do you people think he actually believes this stuff? Jesus. Hes a writer.

And you are not a famous stand up comedian.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:04 PM
Fire Giant

Who cares?
Old 06-26-2014, 02:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadrian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who cares?
you do, you dummy, you posted here.
Closed Thread