Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Kobold

Default Ixiblat Fer Difficulty

The Ixiblat Fer encounter could use some looking into, most of the data on allakazham and my experience from live suggest this mob is a little too easy at present. The encounter was recommended 24-30 people 55-60, should not be unrealistic to expect success with around 20-24 lvl 60's but currently on p99 he can be killed with a single group.

The issue seems to be both his attack power (he does not hit for maximum very often) and magic resistance (He is slowable but should not be as easy to do as it is presently).

Allakhazam link with time appropriate comments (mob was unchanged through velious).
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=5213
Old 01-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Fire Giant

I can attest to this, Ixiblat was trio'd with a mage epic pet and 2 BP cleric rotation.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:39 AM
Banned

confirmed trio'd piss easy, non BP cleric style. Bring that shit.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Sarnak

While it definitely sounds like he's easier than he should be, are the people trio'ing it all doing it with the mage epic? Could it not be that the mage epic is a little more powerful than it should be?

Not saying Ixiblat isn't too easy, but it could be a mixture of both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Leapfrogging is a dick move. It's not about "rules" or "ZOMG IT HAPPENED ON MY SERVER ITS FAIR".
Truth.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While it definitely sounds like he's easier than he should be, are the people trio'ing it all doing it with the mage epic? Could it not be that the mage epic is a little more powerful than it should be?

no mages included. no bp's included.

nothing special, no hax equipment. Straight up trio'd by a retard monk, sham and cleric.

ixi is far too easy.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

Some more evidence:

http://web.archive.org/web/200105191...how&BID=267849

Quote:
Submited by: Kaeoz On: 3/19/2001 5:08:00 PM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
Yup met this guy last night with six or so groups of high lvl 50's, the first time he wiped out pretty much everyone. Killed me in about 2.7 seconds, hit for 575, 465, 575. and me a poor enchanter with only 1340hp fully buffed, he also dropped Belt of Fire. Sorry don't know the stats. We did kill him tho the second time.
Quote:
Submited by: Dan Drociuk On: 2/16/2001 7:02:08 AM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
Yep, we tangled with him last night. And when I say "we", I mean six full groups averaging lvl 50. All I know, I was the last one standing in my group when this "guy" died. And when I looked around, I believe I was the only melee class still standing (thank GOD for LoH). Big guy, big AE spell, big Riposte. As the postings say, bring friends, bring lots of friends and a cleric or ten.

Nesued Mirvom
Level 51 Paladin
Officer, Free Norrath Guild
Prexus Server
There are some posts from 2000 on that page just confirming his max damage is 575.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 01-15-2012, 01:27 AM
Banned

he hits for 575 here
Old 01-15-2012, 05:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The Mag Epic pet gets out-damaged by the Lvl 60 water pet, SO NO it is not overpowered and I'd say it need looking into as it hits for min way to much and should quad alot more beings its the pet among pets.

Seems Ixiblat is a Elemental also, and might be suffering from the contant nerfs on pets ect.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Not sure I'd judge how many people it should take based on old forum posts. A lot of people back in the day weren't as methodical and exacting as the current P99 population. Also, when you bring all 60s to a fight instead of "average level of 50", it makes a huge difference. For instance, I duo'ed High Scale Kirn with a cleric while all the guides I was reading said to bring 2-3 groups.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Kobold

There is a large difference between 3 players easily besting this mob and the multigroup encounter it was on live.

I'm not trying to say that Ixiblat Fer should be tuned to be a roadblock to clerics in less powerful guilds, but he should not be eyed upon as a source of revenue for single groups looking to farm cloak of flames.

At present if ixiblat fer was replaced with the sebilite protector it would be more difficult.