Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-15-2023, 12:36 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I can not seem to lock inventory windows (Bags) with this UI? Did I screw something up or is this default behavior?

I really like the inventory idea with the Rustle UI and do not like many other aspects of that UI so I would like to stick with qquicasters. If only there was a way to add that portion to qquicasters as an optional deal.

I would settle for lockable inventory bags though.
Old 06-17-2023, 07:29 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Anyone able to help me resize the spell bar to make the words fit?

https://imgur.com/Tr0jPWa
Old 06-17-2023, 04:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalNecro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone able to help me resize the spell bar to make the words fit?

https://imgur.com/Tr0jPWa

You'd have to edit the EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml file to enlarge the window, every spell gem, the spellbook button, and change the positioning of the text for every spell gem. Which actually isn't very difficult; just a bit tedious.

Alternatively, you could find another spell bar that's closer to what you want. The one from Rustle perhaps.
Old 10-06-2023, 11:53 AM
Large Rat

So I'm using this on Project Quarm, figure I'd reply here even though it's the P99 board since it's the official thread for the UI. Everything's perfect EXCEPT...

Spell icons are wrong, at least on shaman. I.e. summon icon for minor healing, poison icon for inner fire. I was able to just replace spells_01.tga thru 07 with default UI ones and it fixes the spellbook, but if I do the same with gemicons01.tga-03 for spellgems in my gem bar and hotbars it gets all screwed up using anything but QQ's. I downloaded QQ from this thread and copied over those spell icons, and no dice. Wonder why this is happening when all the other UI's that shipped with Qarm have the right icons for everything...

This is my favorite of all the UI options so I really wanna figure this out, lol
Last edited by kipoki; 10-06-2023 at 12:13 PM..
Old 10-12-2023, 04:13 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipoki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I'm using this on Project Quarm, figure I'd reply here even though it's the P99 board since it's the official thread for the UI. Everything's perfect EXCEPT...

Spell icons are wrong, at least on shaman. I.e. summon icon for minor healing, poison icon for inner fire. I was able to just replace spells_01.tga thru 07 with default UI ones and it fixes the spellbook, but if I do the same with gemicons01.tga-03 for spellgems in my gem bar and hotbars it gets all screwed up using anything but QQ's. I downloaded QQ from this thread and copied over those spell icons, and no dice. Wonder why this is happening when all the other UI's that shipped with Qarm have the right icons for everything...

This is my favorite of all the UI options so I really wanna figure this out, lol
You would need to change all the spells.tga files in a detailed way so that the new and old icons match up. The position in the tga files that each spell pulls from is set in the spells_en.txt file (for quarm - p99 uses spells_us.txt) and this file cannot be edited by the end user, the game will not launch if it is changed. p99 and quarm do not match up at all for this, which is the problem. So you need to move the actual icons positions in the tga files.

So it's doable but it would be a lot of work. I might do it.
Old 10-12-2023, 04:48 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipoki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

nevermind, fix is easy - the RoF2 client uses the same spell gem positioning as quarm. here's a link to files that work: https://www.eqinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=6826
Old 10-23-2023, 06:07 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckahn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nevermind, fix is easy - the RoF2 client uses the same spell gem positioning as quarm. here's a link to files that work: https://www.eqinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=6826
Can you please explain how you did this? Not working here. I downloaded the qquibard files and put them in the correct directory. I then overwrote the 7 .tga files you linked and I'm getting an error loading the UI.
Old 10-25-2023, 08:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satinna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you please explain how you did this? Not working here. I downloaded the qquibard files and put them in the correct directory. I then overwrote the 7 .tga files you linked and I'm getting an error loading the UI.
Yeah I tried this and it didn't work for me. I've tried copying the spell gems from a bunch of different UIs out there and nothing seems to work.