Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 02:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only silver snakes. I'll have to check out the others. Any specific songs or albums?
Sure thing Evia, See below. I love sharing great music with others. I had a former co-worker and I that would dropbox entire albums to each other. Let me know if you/or anyone here want to check out any of these I can arrange it If you cant find them yourself on YouTube or "wherever":

No Motiv - Their first album (And The Sadness Prevails) I like a lot, later stuff leaned into the emo genre a little I feel, still really good. The song "The Waiting Hurt" was actually somewhat popularish, maybe a video for it too. My favorite song by them isn't even on an actual album its from a comp, called "Meanwhile"

Silver Snakes - Love these guys, I discovered them because the above band's own Roger Camero actually produced them on his own label. My favorite was the 1st album: "Pictures of a Floating World". Newer stuff is pretty good too. Saw them play a small warehouse here in Vegas, and also played a kick ass set here at the "Brooklyn Bowl" along with Glassjaw, and Coheed and Cambria, great live show by all of them. Ive never been crazy about Glassjaw, but my wife has always liked them.

The Darlings - The 1st songs I ever heard is I think an EP called "Captivated" which is good stuff, these guys are like a mesh of Social Distortion mixed with some Strung Out. (Buddy the singer is very good friends and collaborated with Jason of Strung out on his solo folky punktry stuff - Jason Cruz and Howl.) If your looking to check just one song try: "Broken Heart Still Beating" it was #1 on LA's own KROQ "Locals only" show for a long time apparently.

Fire When Ready - only 1 album I ever found, I had to order it online. I discovered them by random station on Pandora for the above band No Motiv. song was: "Oh What a Clever Façade!!" , the album is called "As The Sky Stared Down With Angry Clouds"

Let Me Run/Banquets - formerly known as LMR, their best stuff imo is the 1st album: "Meet Me at the Bottom". They later reformed as Banquets, same singer pretty good stuff too

Deadhand/Mercy Music - local Las Vegas band a friend of mine I worked with turned me on to. The only album I know of is: Deadhand (Self Titled), I love the sound, but I feel the lyrics to be a little weak/repetitive at times. still a decent listen. MM is pretty much the lead singer solo after his former bandmates moved to CA.

Tickle Me Pink - some high powered/high pitched emo vocals, I feel a lot in the style of The Academy Is/Manchester Orchestra. They had a song featured in the game Rock Band in some additional DLC that was added called "The Time is Wrong", give it a listen maybe you've "played" it before, its quite a catchy tune. In addition that album is called Madeline, give a listen to "Madeline" off of the album, very high powered emotional song, I love it.

The Road Home - The Netherlands answer to Brian Fallon's band Gaslight Anthem. Decent rock sounds from europe

and lastly, not in the EMO genre in the least, but:

We Are the Union - what the punk band Four Year Strong, would sound like with a SKA sound and horns, so definitely some Less Than Jake influence in there. Check out the album "Who We Are" and especially song #1 "MTV Is Over, If You Want It"
Old 09-24-2017, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by radda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no, you just have nothing as always.
anyone can dunk a toddler basket
you wish
*face turns red*

*swings arm in wide arc knocking homemade daggers to the floor*

*stands up abruptly knocking table over and scrambles toward radda*

*hurls pokeball*

*radda teleports to a bookshelf*

*radda teleports back to his home*

*ATG dumbfounded and frustrated*

*messages Ghetsis on skype typing out what happened*

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 09-24-2017, 10:44 PM
Fire Giant

good artist up in here.
got my ticket for hopefully the last show i see of Brand New.
they were quite expensive, i remember paying 20 dollars
Old 09-27-2017, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaezyr D`Shiv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure thing Evia, See below. I love sharing great music with others. I had a former co-worker and I that would dropbox entire albums to each other. Let me know if you/or anyone here want to check out any of these I can arrange it If you cant find them yourself on YouTube or "wherever":

No Motiv - Their first album (And The Sadness Prevails) I like a lot, later stuff leaned into the emo genre a little I feel, still really good. The song "The Waiting Hurt" was actually somewhat popularish, maybe a video for it too. My favorite song by them isn't even on an actual album its from a comp, called "Meanwhile"

Silver Snakes - Love these guys, I discovered them because the above band's own Roger Camero actually produced them on his own label. My favorite was the 1st album: "Pictures of a Floating World". Newer stuff is pretty good too. Saw them play a small warehouse here in Vegas, and also played a kick ass set here at the "Brooklyn Bowl" along with Glassjaw, and Coheed and Cambria, great live show by all of them. Ive never been crazy about Glassjaw, but my wife has always liked them.

The Darlings - The 1st songs I ever heard is I think an EP called "Captivated" which is good stuff, these guys are like a mesh of Social Distortion mixed with some Strung Out. (Buddy the singer is very good friends and collaborated with Jason of Strung out on his solo folky punktry stuff - Jason Cruz and Howl.) If your looking to check just one song try: "Broken Heart Still Beating" it was #1 on LA's own KROQ "Locals only" show for a long time apparently.

Fire When Ready - only 1 album I ever found, I had to order it online. I discovered them by random station on Pandora for the above band No Motiv. song was: "Oh What a Clever Façade!!" , the album is called "As The Sky Stared Down With Angry Clouds"

Let Me Run/Banquets - formerly known as LMR, their best stuff imo is the 1st album: "Meet Me at the Bottom". They later reformed as Banquets, same singer pretty good stuff too

Deadhand/Mercy Music - local Las Vegas band a friend of mine I worked with turned me on to. The only album I know of is: Deadhand (Self Titled), I love the sound, but I feel the lyrics to be a little weak/repetitive at times. still a decent listen. MM is pretty much the lead singer solo after his former bandmates moved to CA.

Tickle Me Pink - some high powered/high pitched emo vocals, I feel a lot in the style of The Academy Is/Manchester Orchestra. They had a song featured in the game Rock Band in some additional DLC that was added called "The Time is Wrong", give it a listen maybe you've "played" it before, its quite a catchy tune. In addition that album is called Madeline, give a listen to "Madeline" off of the album, very high powered emotional song, I love it.

The Road Home - The Netherlands answer to Brian Fallon's band Gaslight Anthem. Decent rock sounds from europe

and lastly, not in the EMO genre in the least, but:

We Are the Union - what the punk band Four Year Strong, would sound like with a SKA sound and horns, so definitely some Less Than Jake influence in there. Check out the album "Who We Are" and especially song #1 "MTV Is Over, If You Want It"

Cool man thanks! I'm always looking for good new music! Especially of the indie/punk/emo/post hardcore variety! Ill comment back after I listen to them! And as I sit here writing this im wearing a glassjaw shirt! So your wife sounds like a real keeper! Freaking love those guys! Their debut album is easily a top 10 album of all time for me.

Have you guys heard the new A Lot Like Birds album Divisi? They drastically changed their sound, but I absolutely love it. My favorite new album this year!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 09-27-2017 at 10:29 PM..
Closed Thread