Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 03:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If anything nerfing seafuries will help things stay a little cheaper. Seafuries were putting just raw plat into the economy. Certain items may not be worth as much anymore because there are so many floating around but having just an insane amount of plat getting added to the econ, if anything, would raise the prices of all items. Go out and farm a ton of velious tradeskill mats if you want to make some money.
This is true, but it also means inflation is where its at because of that, and now the uphill climb is steeper than it could have been for new players who now don't have the same opportunity as their predecessors.

[deleted] server has a much lower point of entry on things. Can buy jboots there for 4k instead of 7k+ etc as one example.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriakh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So really, why would the devs nerf things like this, which then only makes things harder for new players?
Because its Classic

Whine less, grind more, find a camp / something you can farm that has actually classic drop rates. Sea-furies where never suppose to drop as much as they did. Praise to the Classic hammer!

P99 is a strange EQ... be thankful epic's are sold (MQ) quite often on this server. If it was anything like the server I came from back in the day (Povar). There would be no viable path for solo players or non-raiders to EVER get their epics. On P99 there is that option
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 08-15-2017, 09:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriakh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was thinking about this recently, and just in general the nerfing of things like epics (sham tears which went from 30-75k), as well as seafuries, which are the most recent. For new players like me (who have only played for a handful of months), these nerfs represent serious difficulties. Prices on some items are astronomical - mage/necro epic 200k, torpor 110k, and the list goes on. As an old player its not an issue - you've made millions of plat through the years. You've gotten the rarest items that have been nerfed (holgresh elder beads, etc) and sold them for a ton, and have been able to amass wealth using those same nerfed spots (seafuries). You're in no rush to sell that epic MQ, and many guilds love to horde these same high value targets to get even more wealth.

So really, why would the devs nerf things like this, which then only makes things harder for new players? These nerfs seem to actively discourage new players from sticking to the game, and the big guilds seem to have little interest in sharing world spawns with other guilds or players, unless you pay insane fees. So unless you're willing to join one of the big guilds and then wait in line for 2-3 months for your turn, there is no reasonable way to complete your character without insane amounts of time invested. I feel like it would be much better to buff items, thus allowing new players to have a chance at these high value items and giving old players something to strive for. Is there a method to this madness of continually nerfing items, epics, and cash spots?

I guess I'm hoping for a bit of discussion on here as to what other people think - from my point of view I don't see many positives to recent nerfs.
There is no rush. Play the game and get the drops yourself vs pay to win.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:48 AM
Banned

I should be able to buy my epic for no more than 60k!

(lol)
Old 08-15-2017, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Manastones used to go for 20k
Rubicite was never super expensive
Elder beads at one point were going for about 20k

Yes, someone from the early day could have farmed a ton of platinum, but you're ignoring the 6 years of time they would have had to sit on those items waiting for them to increase in price.

On the flip side, Fungi Tunics used to go for 150k, now they go for like 45k. SSoYs used to go for 10k+, now you can probably get them for damn near free. FBSS was the only realistic dropable haste item and went for upwards of 12k, but goes for like 1/4 of that now. Dragon haste was unobtainable for the vast majority of players. Epics were the same. They weren't expensive, you simply couldn't get certain ones unless you were in certain guilds.

Look, its limited supply with near unlimited demand. I've been here since early 2010 and there are some items I want, but will never have, and I've spent most of my time here in top tier raiding guilds. If you can't find a way to have fun with what you have, you're not going to enioy this server and should probably look for entertainment else where.

Imo as someone who has been here a long time, it has never been easier for a new person to get started than it is right now.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread