Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-13-2017, 04:23 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default EQ Titatium Cyclic Redundancy check

ive tried re installing the discs quite a few times now and im really at a loss, i want to play the P1999 server but for 3 days ive been battling looking for EQ titanium without having to pay 200$ at amazon for it -.- i dont really understand how the torrent thing works either. i would really appreciate if one you of you guys out there could toss a helping hand here(-=
Old 08-15-2017, 11:52 AM
Orc

I would check Ebay. I purchased mine there for like $30.00
Old 08-15-2017, 12:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglok32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ive tried re installing the discs quite a few times now and im really at a loss, i want to play the P1999 server but for 3 days ive been battling looking for EQ titanium without having to pay 200$ at amazon for it -.- i dont really understand how the torrent thing works either. i would really appreciate if one you of you guys out there could toss a helping hand here(-=
ask a friend if you can copy his EQ folder, don't need to install it just copy his folder to a usb drive and then to your computer.
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 08-15-2017, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

First off you may find http://wiki.project1999.com/Acquirin...erQuest_Client helpful. But specifically ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglok32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i dont really understand how the torrent thing works either.
Step #0: Install anti-virus software

Step #1: Google "Bit Torrent"; click on the first link, download and install the software (alternatively get other bit torrent software like uTorrent)

Step #2: Google the name of a popular torrent site. If you don't know any, check google news, or just follow the hints everyone leaves in posts like these about pirates and the area of water surrounded by land that they like to hang out in. Once you've found one, click on the link.

Step #3: Search that site for "everquest titanium"

Step #4: Find the top result and click the little magnet icon (or equivalent "magnet link" icon on whatever site you use). When you do you should get prompted to use your bit torrent application.

Step #4.5: Do not click anything on that site EXCEPT the little magnet link. If pop-ups appear close them. Do not download anything except through bit torrent. Doing anything else is the path to viruses and malware.

Step #5: Once the torrent is complete it should be waiting for you in your downloads folder. Make a backup copy of it for safekeeping, then install it (if you downloaded ISO files) or (if you downloaded a folder with tons of files including eqgame.exe) just follow the P99 Getting started instructions, an enjoy the wonderful world of Norath.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-15-2017 at 12:13 PM..
Old 08-15-2017, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Put the disc in and copy the contents to a folder for each disc. Then install it that way. If your discs are truly trashed then you will have to go the route of the pirate. If that isn't something you are willing to do PM me your address and for the cost of the flash drive and shipping I can ship you everything on a stick.

If none of that really suits you

Maybe if you ask the forums nicely

Someone will upload an EQ folder for you somewhere so you can one click download it.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter