Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 09:41 AM
Kobold

Awesome! Just /who all auld and ask for an officer. If you've not had a chance to read over our charter, visit us on Discord app: https://Discord.gg/unUbM2p and say hello! :-)
Old 08-11-2017, 10:25 AM
Sarnak

Can't access Discord from work but I will !
Catastilye - Gnome Necro - 4
Sabany - Half-Elf Warrior - 8 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Aaemo - Erudite Shadow Knight - 6 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Borbama - Troll Shaman - 2
Keibrariza - Iksar Warrior - 4 < Auld Lang Syne >
Old 08-11-2017, 11:40 AM
Kobold

Sounds good! Look forward to seeing you drop by!
Old 08-16-2017, 10:44 PM
Large Rat

Default Hello

Hello,

I have been reading up on your guild. I am very interested in your philosophy. I believe it will lead to a much deeper and fulfilling experience. I have not even installed the game yet, my copy of Everquest Titanium should be in tomorrow. This will be my first experience with Project 1999. I played EQ since it came out and for the next 4-5 years. I played a druid and cleric but I would like to play something different this go around. I was thinking Magician or Necromancer. I want to experience the different zones/dungeons of Norrath and see all the world has to offer. I have no desire to blow through to the end game but would like to find a guild of friendly people I enjoy grouping and socializing with that I can experience the game alongside. I also feel the artificial environment of scarcity will keep the challenge and the enjoyment in the game until the end. If you are interested in having me I would like to join. I have a lot of free time on my hands so will probably be playing quite a bit.

My apologies for such a long post.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:16 PM
Fire Giant

I like your style, folks! Going to read your charter and perhaps create a character for the exciting road of DIY character building. I'll contact an officer in game.

Cheers!
Old 08-19-2017, 03:01 PM
Kobold

Canelek and rltcmatt, I look forward to seeing you two in-game. /who all auld and ask for an officer. Visit us on Discord app https://discord.gg/unUbM2p!
Old 08-24-2017, 10:41 PM
Aviak

Make sure you join up by level 10. I've usually joined guilds by looking for officers in the zones I am traveling through and wasn't able to locate one who wasn't busy til level 17. Apparently there's a rule about joining post level 10. Both myself and the officer were not aware so of this so I was in the guild for about 12 hours before being asked to leave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's all good, just informing others to be more aggressive about getting an invite before leveling too far.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:45 AM
Sarnak

Aye, i'm sorry for the miscommunication. Standard protocol is to direct anyone interested to our discord where we have our charter pinned. Once they've reviewed and acknowledged they understand its tenets, provide ample Q&A time with reminders about the level cap, only then do we invite.

Clearly this wasn't followed for you, and i apologize for that... please do roll an alt if you're still interested. We have a great group of people at all levels.

-Rainik
Old 08-25-2017, 04:48 AM
Sarnak

Just added it to my sig, and hope to avoid this situation in the future. Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 08-27-2017, 09:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by port9001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make sure you join up by level 10. I've usually joined guilds by looking for officers in the zones I am traveling through and wasn't able to locate one who wasn't busy til level 17. Apparently there's a rule about joining post level 10. Both myself and the officer were not aware so of this so I was in the guild for about 12 hours before being asked to leave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's all good, just informing others to be more aggressive about getting an invite before leveling too far.
This one was my fault, and I do apologize for it. I hesitated to even respond to you when you messaged me because I do so rarely get to play, but I didn't see the harm as you were under 20, which USED to be the appropriate level, and agreed to the core concepts of the charter when asked.

A fellow officer informed me shortly after inviting you that they had to change the level requirement for some very logical reasons. Either way, I feel terrible that you wound up getting the brunt of it for my mistake. I do agree with Rainik though, do consider rolling up an alt/rerolling to join up. The folks that do get the ability to play far more than I do are a wonderful bunch of folks.
Closed Thread