Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 06:33 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion Blaze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't provide mana regen on par with an enchanter.
Depends on how you mean, bard casting cantana and spamming their level 32 mana song which is instant will give far more mana than clarity 2 per given amount of time. If you are not spamming these things then c2 is better, as it is always working for the entire duration.

Quote:
And after I hit 51, I lose all charm/cc ability for the most part unlike enchanters.
Not sure where you got that idea, mez cap is 55 and your charm cap is 51. Regular enc mezzes are also 55 cap and their charm is 53 cap, although no enchanter wants to use boltran's since it costs too much mana. Allure is 51 cap. Boltran's is only used when necessary.
Last edited by Egilmn; 08-19-2017 at 06:36 AM..
Old 08-19-2017, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion Blaze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't provide mana regen on par with an enchanter.
Ummm ... what?

Enchanter:

Clarity2: 11 mana/tick
http://wiki.project1999.com/Clarity_II

Bard:

Cantana of replenishment: 11-12 hp/tick + 12-13 mana/tick
http://wiki.project1999.com/Cantana_of_Replenishment

Cassindra's Chorus of Clarity: 7 mana per 3 second cast
http://wiki.project1999.com/Cassindr...rus_of_Clarity

Cantana lasts 18 seconds (3 to cast), giving you theoretically 5 potential casts of the 7 mana per 3/sec cast before the cantana refresh is required. That last theoretical cast is pretty stupid to shoot for, so I never really tried to pump more than 4 cassindra's between cantana refreshes.

Result?

In 18 seconds an enchanter clarity buff gives a caster 33 mana.
In 18 seconds just singing cantana a bard gives a caster 39 mana.
In 18 seconds with cantana + cassindra a bard can give a caster 39 + (7x4) = 67

Full tilt a bard can easily add 22 mana a tick.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-19-2017, 05:15 PM
Orc

Dang, I thought they didn't stack. Well that is going to drastically change how I play songs in groups now. Does Hymn of restoration also stack with cantana? I'm thinking Cantana, Clarity song, HP Regen, & Haste/ATK buff for standard 4 song twist? What would you recommend? Right now I typically run Clarity, HP Regen, Haste/ATK, and Slow/Snare on mobs.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:58 PM
Banned

End this thread before any more spaghetti comes out!
Old 08-19-2017, 08:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cassindra's Chorus of Clarity: 7 mana per 3 second cast
http://wiki.project1999.com/Cassindr...rus_of_Clarity

Full tilt a bard can easily add 22 mana a tick.
More if the bard has an epic, as it affects the singing component of Chorus.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:55 AM
Banned

This has become a not so subtle "Play Group Bards" ad. Which I completely agree with. Group Bards are fun and very valuable.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are several good videos on twitch or youtube of people playing the classes. You've described about 10% of a bard's, and maybe 20% of an enchanter's abilities. It all boils down to how you want to play your class.

This guy has a few interesting ones (CipherDec):

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLz...v5Xk_pC4MhmGNg

Also Tecmos has some great chanter videos, but it's mostly solo:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkZ...YEE9Y-_FTW4HZg

-Mcoy
I do have a group video in HS west that is a pretty good example of how busy a chanter can be in a group. I was pulling, CCing, keeping a fully buffed pet charmed, etc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlkD4APxuUY

With cleric and shaman support, a chanter really can just go buck wild outside of the hardest Velious content. Tons of hp, extra mr debuff on pet (charms outlast tash like 1/3 of the time when you've got tash, malo, -mr gear and are charming a low blue), no need to slow stuff (and so a lot of the time you won't even need to be tashing stuff). When your only necessary responsibilities become keeping buffs up, sicing your charm on stuff, and CC... it's slow. But you make an amazing puller in this kind of a situation, since you basically combine the puller and CC roles into one. You feed mobs to your group, timed well, spaced out for easy debuffing and killing, etc etc. Doubling up on TOT and WM when possible (though really WM is superfluous if you have potg or a bard in group) lets you be puller+cc, DPS, buffer and still have mana to waste on random crap like nukes or cripple or yolo gravity fluxes.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 08-20-2017 at 10:25 PM..
Old 08-23-2017, 05:42 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I will say it all depends on how you play.
Bard and Enchanter are both fun to play.
I never understand why people oppose those two classes.
Put à Bard in a group and you improve all members, put him with an enchanter and you become invulnerable.
Bard haste song and mana song stick with Enchanter Haste and Clarity.
Meaning more 2x more dps.
By the way I just played a group with 3 Bards 2 Enchanter and 1 Necro.
Never had seen a group killing so fast.
Bard song was enough to heal and with 2 charmed pet and Bard dps mobs standed less than 10 sec.

In Fact, playing a Bard switching 3 song is pretty easy and straight looking, but being able to switch 4 is mastering the skill. (5 is a challenge)

Enchanter Need more preparation and understanding of your environment as being a cloth wearer mistake is less forgiving.

If you want survivability and the taste of CC job run Bard.
If you want complexity and more thinking with a lot of risks, play enchanter.

Both are active and none get annoying.
(I would just say that enchanter can do the best jokes in game, illusion, mem blurr and sentinel can give you tons of fun)
Old 08-23-2017, 06:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coriantum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In Fact, playing a Bard switching 3 song is pretty easy and straight looking, but being able to switch 4 is mastering the skill. (5 is a challenge)
since when a challenge more difficult than mastery?

fucking KEK

also, this guy doesn't realize that bard haste doesn't stack with ENC haste, nor can bards charm monsters above the very low 50s.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:07 PM
Sarnak

Our level 60 Haste (+10%) actually does stack with both Enchanter haste as well as our other haste songs. It will not break the haste cap, however.

-Worn Haste
-Spell/Song Haste
-V2 Song Haste
Closed Thread