Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 07:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was hoping to make a thread that was more positive before something like this came up. This is the current situation with scout.

A large group of people are attempting to force cooperation and force a random roll for turn-in rights. This has been successful several times recently.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Last night, AG, Europa, Infernus, Savage, Awakened, and anyone else I might have missed, all rolled on the turn-in. Scout popped up the hill, the winner didn't notice but no one touched her. He turned in, we all participated in the kill, and gave him the disc. It was nice, no one was rude, and no one had to feel excluded because they don't have a 5ms ping, some autofire program, or a guild of people online in the middle of the night. There was no cheating, no trade window spam, no rude click spamming, no burrower trains, and everyone had a fair shot, and no one had to petition stupid shit. It's a 18 year old social video game, it's how things should be. You can actually make friends in other guilds.

The issue with this is that because turn-in winner is GM enforced, one person not cooperating ruins it for everyone there, and everyone has to fight that person for turn-in rights. The dissenting people are most often using autofire programs and know they have a better chance of winning if they say no. That also leads to the people there who wanted to roll just teaming up with the turn-in winner or buying it from them, because there is too much confusion to coordinate a roll at that point, with people logging in late or potentially trying to win the click battle and then rolling anyways and being selfish.

As long as it is GM enforced that click spammers have quest rights, it creates this unhealthy atmosphere that everyone hates and trolls and plat farmers thrive on. All scout rolls recently have been awesome, but it's very difficult to get every single person there to participate.

Make the right call, GMs. You have control to change this toxicity on your server, and the players are actively trying to band together to stop it.
If it was a roll, I would actually be able to do the quest myself and help others with the quest. Too bad there's a few people who have to ruin it for others
Old 07-12-2017, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PSA: ALL VELIOUS CONTENT WAS KILLED DAY 1 WITH KUNARK GEAR. ONLY YOU CAN STOP MQ!
Too true.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:18 PM
Banned

its so easyu to get immersed in such a realistic fantasy setting, where warriors and wizards wait in line to turn in quest items to NPC's every few hours. Its so realistic. So magical and immersive.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its so easyu to get immersed in such a realistic fantasy setting, where warriors and wizards wait in line to turn in quest items to NPC's every few hours. Its so realistic. So magical and immersive.
Pixel addiction is a MFer.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

four years later still trying to /rand 1000 for some bullshit pixels

reminds me of a mr. show skit mayostard mustardayonnaise mustmayostardayonnaise

quit being a two jar slave
Old 07-13-2017, 12:34 AM
Banned

SQUAGLES! theyre BAGLES that dont roll away when you drop them!
Old 07-13-2017, 12:35 AM
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU14VqcPIDo
Old 07-13-2017, 12:45 AM
Planar Protector

Thread successfully derailed and salvaged

I could watch this shit all day long
Old 07-13-2017, 08:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastunburied [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've successfully. Negotiated people rolling 5 times now, one of them this dude logged in late, we asked him to roll and he got a 1000. Gears him.

When <savage> is there it's a click fest vs the autofire macro's though.
Who is <Savage> I seen this tag more and more lately.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:38 AM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you make lotta good posts. this a good post.
Closed Thread